Pet ownership is fukked up

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These animals become dependent on people for everything.

If let out into the wild, It would go insane and die without intervention.

Selectively bred to not think for itself anymore.

Mutilating their genitals so they are more "obedient".

Clipping wings so they can't fly far.

Live their entire lives in a cage.

"But its happy!" :wub:

It doesn't know any better:francis:

The more I think about it, its more sad and pathetic then "cute" :francis:

Same as zoo and horse stables.

Maybe in couple of 100 if years it will be a thing if the past.

But dogs and cats are attached to humans forever. It would be cruel to put them in the wild

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
Cats and dogs have both been domesticated. Most cats would be food to predatory birds, coyotes and random predators in the wild. Given a chance cats prefer to live around humans, going outside once in a while. Some cats won't go outside for anything or any reason. Some cats go outside and develop relations with other households, if u have an outdoor cat there's a chance u share that cat

Dogs are a little different. They need a yard to roam. Having an apartment and forcing your pet to hold it's bladder all day while you're at work/partying, only being allowed to relieve itself when the owner feels taking it for a walk is a form of torture if u think about it. Not to mention, that dog better be happy and love its owner or it's back to the pound :ufdup:

I'll never forget the irony of seeing a group of sea world protestors with dogs on leashes :mjlol:

Then u have the breeds who can't breathe properly and have all kinds of health issues, end up dying early, but dog owners don't care and keep breeding them cause they cute

Tldr: cats are great pets and companions, it's a mutual relationship. Dog owners who don't have a yard and keep them trapped inside :camby:

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
Some cats go outside and develop relations with other households, if u have an outdoor cat there's a chance u share that cat
There was a stray cat that used to come around everyday, the kids even had a name for it. A neighbor finally put it on the NextDoor app like "found cat", and someone replied "oh that's our cat, she does that".

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
I used to feel the same way about neutering. Felt like it was mean and strictly for human convenience. It actually extends life spans and is a major prevention to all sorts of cancer, disease, and other issues

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
These animals become dependent on people for everything.

If let out into the wild, It would go insane and die without intervention.

Selectively bred to not think for itself anymore.

Mutilating their genitals so they are more "obedient".

Clipping wings so they can't fly far.

Live their entire lives in a cage.

"But its happy!" :wub:

It doesn't know any better:francis:

The more I think about it, its more sad and pathetic then "cute" :francis:
Birds, sure, but not dogs. Dogs have been man's best friend for thousands upon thousands upon thousands of years. It's a mutual beneficial relationship: they get free shelter, food and love, and we get companionship.

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember watching Big Cat Diaries, the life of a Cheetah is so ruff I'm surprised they don't off themselves. I think they would take the domesticated life in a heartbeat.
Especially dogs. Have these people never seen stray or wild dogs? They have very short lifespans and get killed from the smallest infection, medical condition or starve to death. Being domesticated is a blessing for their quality of life.

Last edited: