PlayStation 5 & Xbox Scarlett Speculation

Which company will launch their Gen 9 system first?

• Sony - Second Half of 2019

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Microsoft - Second Half of 2019

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Sony - First Half of 2020

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Microsoft - First Half of 2020

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Sony - Second Half of 2020

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • Microsoft - Second Half of 2020

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Sony/Microsoft - 2021+

Votes: 7 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
So, we all know Sony and Microsoft are preparing to announce successors to their respective gaming consoles:

PS5 to succeed PlayStation 4? Sony CEO confirms next gen in works

The internet thinks it's discovered the release year for PS5 and Xbox Scarlett, all thanks to a Call of Duty job listing | GamesRadar+

New Alleged Details About Microsoft's Next-Gen Xbox Scarlett Emerge - IGN

What do you wanna see from the PlayStation 5 & Xbox Scarlett?

When do you think these systems will release?

What specs do you realistically see to be possible and what specs do you hope for?

What do you think the launch titles will be?

Anyone voting 2021+.:francis:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
True. I feel like Microsoft would want to see PlayStation's hand first this time though.

If Xbox delivers with games, it don't matter. Games is what sells systems. Nintendo keeps bullshytting with hardware and is raking in the dough since they have IPs that they bank on every single gen. While it's not the same IPs, Sony does the same every gen.

If they deliver with games (price won't be over 400 since that is the sweet spot), they'll be fine.

Still won't beat PS worldwide, but it won't be a blowout again (PS2, PS4).

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
If Xbox delivers with games, it don't matter. Games is what sells systems. Nintendo keeps bullshytting with hardware and is raking in the dough since they have IPs that they bank on every single gen. While it's not the same IPs, Sony does the same every gen.

I agree. I just think Microsoft will be on the response than be the first to attack. If they can deliver compelling software while capitalizing on Sony's very few mistakes they'll be in a great comeback position.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I agree. I just think Microsoft will be on the respond than the first to attack. If they can deliver compelling software while capitalizing on Sony's very few mistakes they'll be in a great comeback position.

they don't need to do that IMO. just drop good games and have a good price (it's already gonna be strong regardless) and they'll be fine.

They just need new IPs. They've run Halo and Gears into the ground after buying the IPs. Waiting after the PS5 will be a terrible move since Sony always drops good exclusives which will help it sell. Coming a year later with a price that will be higher with less games isn't a good move. The differences between a PS5 and new Xbox won't be that dramatic from the jump to warrant waiting.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

If they deliver with games (price won't be over 400 since that is the sweet spot), they'll be fine.

Still won't beat PS worldwide, but it won't be a blowout again (PS2, PS4).
Microsoft making more money than Nintendo “without any games” as y’all say.

This is dumb shyt Sony stan talking not backed up by reality:camby:

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I say MS sets it off with the streaming Xbox first half of 2020 before Sony releases PS5 that fall.

Then MS releases the traditional Xbox One successor after Sony releases PS5 to ensure that they have the power advantage.

radio rahiem

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mount Vernon, NY via Trinidad & Tobago
I still stand by 2021 being the earliest we see a true next gen console from either.
I had a ban bet with @Dominic Brehetto about it but I see his punk ass has already been banned. Probably said some cac/c00n shyt again:smh:
That dude said some foul shyt in TFR And I wouldn’t be mad at @Bryan Danielson for demanding the fade. He got off easy just being banned.