*Please Read and Share* Dedicated wrestler, raising money for a highly prestigious camp

SNKRCain

Rookie
Daps

My name is Cory, full name Cory Kurt Christian Knight. Im a 17 year old, born in Detroit and raised in Detroit/ Southfield. I wrestle for Southfield High School at the 140 weight class. My senior season is comin up and I had a tough loss in Districts. After losing I faced the reality to my expectations and I realized that not just this sport but also life, you get out of it what you put into it. Wrestling is the hardest thing, I ever done in my life, but the love and the passion I have for this sport is unexplainable. You have to sacrifice so much things in this sport just to compete at an average level, but I want to best in the country. I know I'm ready for the challenge, I know it's not an easy road, but I'm ready. The road starts with the off season, I took it for granted last season and look how my regular season ended. I got to take the off season more seriously to become a better wrestler, the best wrestler, and a better individual. On the J-Rob website, I found something called the J7( Discipline, Dedication, SACRIFICE, Hard Work, Responsibility, Accountability, and Service) and here's the link if you want to read it yourself. https://jrobinsoncamps.com/camps/the-j7
Looking at it, I told myself I never took responsibility or accountabilty for my goal. Blaming my coach that he should of put me for 135 at districts, not living up to expectations. Everything I do in practice and in live situations with my team mates, but I never do when the lights are on. Like I'm scared to fail, when I'm not. "The better a man is, the more mistakes he will make, for the more new things he will try. I would never promote to a top-level job a man who was not making mistakes...otherwise he is sure to be mediocre." - ?
Saw the quote on instagram,lol, and the funny thing is this fits my situation so much. Now on to the reasons for me going to J-Rob. I just feel like this camp is just one of the many stepping stones for me to reach my ultimate goal. One of my coaches, Coach Barnes keep telling me you might be a canditate for J-Rob and everyone we sent, went to states, but the thing is I'm not trying to go, I'm going to win. I'm not ending my Senior year on a low note, Im shooting for the highest star, I'm going to be an All-American, I'm to be a State Champ, I'm going to be a D 1 NCAA National Champ, and I'm going to be a Gold Medalist. Now J-Rob is something I'm going to do. I really don't have much else to say except that I need to dedicate myself to my goal and whatever happens, I'm the only one to account for it. Also thank you for donating.