Polo G's Michael Jackson-Sampling 'Smooth Criminal' Gets Flamed After Rolling Loud Debut

DrexlersFade

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Polo G is having one of the best runs in Hip Hop these days. The Chicago native earned his first pair of No. 1’s on the Billboard 200 and Hot 100 charts with his album Hall of Fame and its third official single, “Rapstar.”

Despite seeing a rise in his popularity, Polo G isn’t immune to the criticism. During his set at Rolling Loud New York on Thursday (October 28), Polo decided to preview an upcoming track that samples the late King of Pop, Michael Jackson.

The new track titled “Smooth Criminal” flips the 1987 Michael Jackson classic of the same name into a fast-paced romp about what Polo G thinks it means to be a suave gangster in 2021

Polo G got a lukewarm response from the crowd at Citi Field, and it didn’t help he was rapping (slightly off-beat) over a backing track. As The LOX showed us during their Verzuz battle with Dipset in August, knowing your own lyrics is very important.

People on social media weren’t as nice as those in Citi Field and dragged Polo G for even thinking the song was a hit. Many left negative emojis while others commented on the possibility of MJ being disappointed in the afterlife with Polo G’s attempt.

“How Polo G got the nerve to remake a Michael Jackson classic,” one fan tweeted while another said, “Mj rolling in his grave rn knowing his estate let polo g out of all nikkas get a smooth criminal sample.”

He might be the first person ever too sample MJ and the song was gabbage
You new nikkas this ya'll leader:mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Polo G is having one of the best runs in Hip Hop these days. The Chicago native earned his first pair of No. 1’s on the Billboard 200 and Hot 100 charts with his album Hall of Fame and its third official single, “Rapstar.”

Despite seeing a rise in his popularity, Polo G isn’t immune to the criticism. During his set at Rolling Loud New York on Thursday (October 28), Polo decided to preview an upcoming track that samples the late King of Pop, Michael Jackson.

The new track titled “Smooth Criminal” flips the 1987 Michael Jackson classic of the same name into a fast-paced romp about what Polo G thinks it means to be a suave gangster in 2021

Polo G got a lukewarm response from the crowd at Citi Field, and it didn’t help he was rapping (slightly off-beat) over a backing track. As The LOX showed us during their Verzuz battle with Dipset in August, knowing your own lyrics is very important.

People on social media weren’t as nice as those in Citi Field and dragged Polo G for even thinking the song was a hit. Many left negative emojis while others commented on the possibility of MJ being disappointed in the afterlife with Polo G’s attempt.

“How Polo G got the nerve to remake a Michael Jackson classic,” one fan tweeted while another said, “Mj rolling in his grave rn knowing his estate let polo g out of all nikkas get a smooth criminal sample.”

He might be the first person ever too sample MJ and the song was gabbage
You new nikkas this ya'll leader:mjlol:

MJ been sampled many times

Yall confused to what sampling is

Nas it ain't hard to tell has has a Michael Jackson sample

H to Izzo has a Jackson 5 sample I mean one of the most famous jackson 5 songs

Kanye sampled PYT on Good life

2pac sampled Iiberian girl

yall sure yall not culture vultures

DrexlersFade

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

yall sure yall not culture vultures

This nikka can;t read ya'll now I see why he a fukking retard

HE MIGHT BE THE FIRST PERSON EVER TOO SAMPLE MICHEAL JOSEPH JACKSON AND THE SONG WAS GARBAGE:stopitslime:

DrexlersFade

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Like I said CULTURE VULTURES

Sit your old ass down, you don't even know any new artist

HE MIGHT BE
HE MIGHT BE
HE MIGHT BE
HE MIGHT BE
Want me too keep going
HE MIGHT BE
HE MIGHT BE
HE MIGHT BE
HE MIGHT BE
HE MIGHT BE

You a stupid muthafukka and bytch I got more hip hop knowledge in my left nutsack than you could ever dream of knowing don't you ever call me a vulture bytch

Daps
Reppin
NULL
HE MIGHT BE
HE MIGHT BE
HE MIGHT BE
HE MIGHT BE
Want me too keep going
HE MIGHT BE
HE MIGHT BE
HE MIGHT BE
HE MIGHT BE
HE MIGHT BE

You a stupid muthafukka and bytch I got more hip hop knowledge in my left nutsack than you could ever dream of knowing don't you ever call me a vulture bytch

You don't know anything about hip hop you a wannabe, go find something to do

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America