Reppin
Jiu Jitsu

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
He raps way better than all them nikkas in group home
Rick Ross hate I swear just comes from people that haven’t given him a fair listen. I used to hate on him when he was getting clowned for being officer ricky and all that. I hated Ross for years but never actually listened with an open mind. Once I did I realized he’s a talented cat.

The bottom line is he makes enjoyable music. He’s not a lyrical miracle type rapper, but he’s got a dope voice, says some simple but clever lines, and generally picks very good production.

Is he gonna make me mash the rewind button? Is he “drum soloing” all over every track like Slaughterhouse? No. But he has a fresh sounding lane he stays in, and he has perfected it.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
To add on what I said above. It speaks a lot about the respect Ross has among his peers for Preemo and Alc to produce for him. Alc hates submitting beats for other albums and stopped doing it years ago. Preem also is never making beats unless it’s someone he very much wants to work with.

You can’t just pay either of these producers for them to email you a beat folder. Alc in particular will give you a free beat before you can pay him for one, but the catch is he’s gotta like you and want to work with you.

Even if you think Preem is washed up or Alc is overrated...those 2 guys have got to really want to work with you in 2019 for you to get anything from them.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Rick Ross hate I swear just comes from people that haven’t given him a fair listen. I used to hate on him when he was getting clowned for being officer ricky and all that. I hated Ross for years but never actually listened with an open mind. Once I did I realized he’s a talented cat.

The bottom line is he makes enjoyable music. He’s not a lyrical miracle type rapper, but he’s got a dope voice, says some simple but clever lines, and generally picks very good production.

Is he gonna make me mash the rewind button? Is he “drum soloing” all over every track like Slaughterhouse? No. But he has a fresh sounding lane he stays in, and he has perfected it.
The Ross hate is from people that stan personalities not music. Anyone that likes quality hip hop can hear that Ross is passionate about music. He has gotten better as a rapper in his career and he pays homage to legends all the time.

If a breh ain't here for the music and he just looking for idols and imagery to look up to then he wont get it.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
latest

:russ: Nas needs to take notes.....thats my GOAT tho :sadbron:

His beats on his last two joints been fine:manny:

Ross is a bit formularic but its the good kind of formularic which is a mix of like the same Lex Luger trap beats and dope soul joints that sound like something State Prop would have rapped over