Code

Banned
Daps
Only women think this is romantic

He spilled his heart out and she told that goofy nikka she's busy

Amo Husserl

All Star
Daps
Murphy said she isn’t sure whether James or Mary were born into slavery, nor has she been able to determine how they met. They were married in January 1873. Mary was 25, and James was 24.

The couple had five daughters and established a successful Baltimore business, Hughes Catering, that lasted 74 years. They amassed so much wealth that, when James died in 1921, he left each of his daughters $20,000.
:myman:
Marriage, success and generational wealth.

TreySav

D-Block General
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Coli dap fishing is an art

:scust:

Was looking to display that even under Insurmountable odds our people always seem to find a way for peace, normalcy and a measure of solace in one another

Negativity in this thread surprised me

This is the most astonishing part. They were writing in this manner just a few decades after slavery and here we are almost 150 years later and these 24/25 year olds are writing like they are in elementary school.

Just shows you the thirst and hunger for education our people had in the early years of our freedom when all barriers were stacked against us. What went wrong? How can we bring this hunger back?

White supremacy got smarter and ghettos were created. Everyone talks about crabs in barrel, but how often do they mention the barrel is not the natural habitat of a crab? No mention of the barrel maker who puts the crabs in there either I take it

SInce I'm a lover and not a fighter... Awwwwwww....

*reads send dates* :wtf:
She aint hit ol boy back for a year and some change? I overthink if I don't hear back within the hour

Was a two month delay because she wanted permission from her father. They married two months after the last letter you read
And she still said :mjlol: :dead:

She also said,
I mentioned our wonderful intended marriage and I will tell you all he said when I see you again

I have no more to say at present and will love and remain yours
Only women think this is romantic

He spilled his heart out and she told that goofy nikka she's busy

She married him two months later, gave him 5 kids, and built a successful business that created generational wealth