Price of dat Olive Oil goin up?

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Drought spells 'catastrophe' for Spain's olive harvest

^^^LINK
"If something doesn't change radically in the next few weeks, it's going to be a catastrophe," he warned.

According to the AEMET weather agency, accumulated rainfall since October 1 has been 25 percent lower than normal across Spain and 50 percent lower in most of Andalusia, where reservoirs are at 25 percent capacity.

For Spain -- which normally supplies 50 percent of the world's olive oil and exports close to 3.0 billion euros ($3.3 billion) worth every year -- the situation is even more worrying given the sector's disastrous output in 2021-2022.

During that season too, a lack of rain and extreme temperatures saw olive oil production plummeting 55 percent to 660,000 tonnes, compared to 1.48 million tonnes in 2021-2022, agriculture ministry figures show.

The scene is set to play out again this year.

:wow:

Droughts will only get worse...I am thankful I live in the PNW and even we having glaciers melting and shyt...I don't wanna know the temperatures 10 years from now:damn:

The animals suffer the most...especially in AFRICA. They already fight for meager resources...all sharing a dirty ass waterhole where hippogang shyt and sleep in all day ...the dry seasons are becoming longer for them :mjcry:

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Drought spells 'catastrophe' for Spain's olive harvest

^^^LINK
"If something doesn't change radically in the next few weeks, it's going to be a catastrophe," he warned.

According to the AEMET weather agency, accumulated rainfall since October 1 has been 25 percent lower than normal across Spain and 50 percent lower in most of Andalusia, where reservoirs are at 25 percent capacity.

For Spain -- which normally supplies 50 percent of the world's olive oil and exports close to 3.0 billion euros ($3.3 billion) worth every year -- the situation is even more worrying given the sector's disastrous output in 2021-2022.

During that season too, a lack of rain and extreme temperatures saw olive oil production plummeting 55 percent to 660,000 tonnes, compared to 1.48 million tonnes in 2021-2022, agriculture ministry figures show.

The scene is set to play out again this year.

:wow:

Droughts will only get worse...I am thankful I live in the PNW and even we having glaciers melting and shyt...I don't wanna know the temperatures 10 years from now:damn:

The animals suffer the most...especially in AFRICA. They already fight for meager resources...all sharing a dirty ass waterhole where hippogang shyt and sleep in all day ...the dry seasons are becoming longer for them :mjcry:
People decided to turn climate action into a culture war issue and that driving an SUV now was more important than having drinking water in 2030 :yeshrug: it's going to be a rude awakaning :francis:

RadaMillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, Uganda
I go through 2.9 L of olive oil a month
if there's a shortage, I guess I'll go back to destroying my cardiovascular system with canola oil

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Most of the olive oil out there isn't. Stepped on and cut before it even gets in the hands of Arizona Ron. He's from Tuscon, pushes a black Yukon. Usually has the slow grooves on, mostly rock the Isleys.

Coconut oil gang lookin at you like
martin3.png

Last edited:

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
I really do wish rap would just get creative and entertaining like that. I mean, if you're gonna tell Ducktales over a dope beat then at least make them cinematic and amusing.

There is so much inspiration out there as well as many talented with the pen and yet everyone recycles the same handful of topics. Bring on the Olive Oil Don who bottles his brand in the back of an old gas station as well as B Boy Man who sells Korean DJs faulty slipmats at full price and then spends the ends on rare 12s which he chops in his dusty basement to make the beats his debut is laced with.

Something new, something fresh. Its why Afroman gets many spins as he is wildly entertaining and knows his lane and is, low key, one of the realest rappers in the game: