Kevin Garnett
K

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
kg, even tho im being heavily biased as garnett was my favorite player after jordan retired and the arrival of derrick rose. im not gonna pretend that i saw robinson a whole lot, but i just remember him getting sonned everytime in the playoffs before the arrival of timmy. but man he got some numbers.

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
kg, even tho im being heavily biased as garnett was my favorite player after jordan retired and the arrival of derrick rose. im not gonna pretend that i saw robinson a whole lot, but i just remember him getting sonned everytime in the playoffs before the arrival of timmy. but man he got some numbers.

Spurs had some bad losses in the playoffs, but nothing worse than what KG had back in the day. He didn't win a series with Marbury (or any series until Cassell/Sprewell joined the squad). Look at some of David Robinson's teams back in the day. :snoop:

Robinson's already a HOFer, and Garnett will be first ballot, so you can't really go wrong picking either.

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
Spurs had some bad losses in the playoffs, but nothing worse than what KG had back in the day. He didn't win a series with Marbury (or any series until Cassell/Sprewell joined the squad). Look at some of David Robinson's teams back in the day. :snoop:

Robinson's already a HOFer, and Garnett will be first ballot, so you can't really go wrong picking either.
its hard to make a comparison because they both play different positions. im not familiar with robinson in his peak, so i am unqualified to make a fair assessment, but i have no qualms of conceding that robinson is the superior player. robinson clearly has better stats than kg, but is it fair to say that kg was equally impactful on both ends as robinson? id say so

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Hmmm Prime David Robinson was a beast.

Those that will say KG
  1. Probably never seen David Robinson play in his prime
  2. Only remember Robinson being sonned by Olajuwon and dunked on by Shaq (let's face it... who didnt)
  3. Seem to forget KG used to be criticised like crazy for NOT WANTING THE BALL IN THE 4TH QUARTER in Minnesota. He would always pass it off in the 4th.

When KG went to Boston He simply hid behind Paul Pierce in the 4th so he could sing the Superman theme praising Paul at the post game presser. So to all of you that are gonna say KG please remember the criticism he got in Minny and how he did the exact same in Boston but had Pierce to cover it up

This is a quote from Scottie Pippen about Garnett back in (probably '05) when he was in Minnesota which reflects what everyone used to think of Garnett back then

"He's very productive but unproductive. He gets you all the stats you want, but at the end of the day his points don't have an impact on [winning] the game. He plays with a lot of energy and a lot of enthusiasm, but in the last five minutes of the game he ain't the same player as in the first five."

Last edited: