Prodigy - The Fat of the Land (Appreciation)

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
I realize this isn't hip hop, but I've seen y'all post pop/cac albums that Black people didn't even listen to (and even if they did, have nothing to do with hip hop). At least with Prodigy, Kool Keith was on the shyt and a lot of the album had an Ultramagnetic MCs vibe to it.

I played the absolute shyt out of this album when it came out. On a side note, one thing I miss about the 90s is that it was the last era when something underground could blow up without being formulaic/cliche at all. Meaning... you could make something that was clearly in one genre, weird as fukk, but if it was brilliant, it'd cross over. Sure it wouldn't sell as much as Celine Dion or some shyt, but it'd sell respectable units.

This was the joint that had me fukking hooked:

I heard that shyt somewhere and I was like :damn: :damn: :damn: "I must buy this!"

this track was also insane

and this

Brilliant album. I haven't played it in full in several years, but I'll give it a listen. 20 years :mjcry: :wow:

Metal Face

Superstar
Daps
One of my friends actually tired to put me on to some of their stuff I just never got around to listening to it.

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
As usual this culture vulturing, goofy threadstarter begging for attention. There's a subforum on here for other genres of music and Tochi knows this but decided to place this thread in the Booth cause it'll get him more attention. True dikk sucking fakkit that loves the attention.

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
@SirBiatch once again keeping it music :salute:

I always keep it music. My stans always keep it SirBiatch :wow:

Moved to the proper forum.. Narayan was my shyt. I played the shyt out of this tape back in the days.

so when someone makes a Celine Dion/Led Zeppelin thread in The Booth, I can trust you'll be there to move it to its proper forum? :sas2: or are you just mad? :troll:

InfamousThoro

All Star
Daps
I don't really listen to this type of music but I dig this heavily

And they're called "The Prodigy" not Prodigy, that's the GOAT
61fd2149277567e3cb5a19a8baab4b2e.png

TEKBEATZ

Banging Pads
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Saint Petersburg. FL
I always keep it music. My stans always keep it SirBiatch :wow:

so when someone makes a Celine Dion/Led Zeppelin thread in The Booth, I can trust you'll be there to move it to its proper forum? :sas2: or are you just mad? :troll:
If im logged on and its in the booth of course it will be moved.

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow
They have a huge library of music going back nearly 30 years and collaborated with Twista, Kool Keith & more.

Long time fan and prob always will be. Even though their most recent stuff has been a bit samey.

Their solo work is worth a look too.