Programming brehs, is Visual Basic a good language to learn?

Skrilla

MVP
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I want to get into programming and someone recommended Visual Basic to start out with...I have a little experience with VB but it was a few years ago. I remember a little bit about it but i never really went in depth.

Is it a good idea to learn it further? Or should i go with another language? Thanks in advance brehs :feedme:

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I learned VB 6.0 back in HS to program a blackjack game:mjlol:Couldn't solve the logic and you "won" every game, even if you went bust.

Got an A because everyone else cheated:stopitslime:Google was primitive as fukk, but code was online.

If I were to pick something up today, my top 3 would be:

1. Javascript
2. Python
3. Swift (IOS proprietary for now)

Pretty much pick something, bang it out for half a year or so, then pick up another language. It becomes easier when you understand one or two.

Quiet Magician

Superstar
Daps
I'd recommend picking up javascript.

check out codecademy and codeschool, if you're disciplined, you can learn enough to get a job as a junior developer in maybe 3 months.

Agreed. Learn Javascript then go into HTML5 and then CSS3. After that you are familiar with how these components work with each other you can learn frameworks such as DOM.

Think of HTML5 as creating static web pages, CS3 as editing the way it looks and javascript making it interactive.

Plenty of material is out there for free.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Agreed. Learn Javascript then go into HTML5 and then CSS3. After that you are familiar with how these components work with each other you can learn frameworks such as DOM.

Think of HTML5 as creating static web pages, CS3 as editing the way it looks and javascript making it interactive.

Plenty of material is out there for free.

this is a great read

TRAP AMERICAN TV

TRAP GOLD
Daps

CinnamonTequila

Playing that music too loud ;)
Daps
Reppin
RD --- DR
pick-up-little-details-you-never-noticed-before.gif

Londilon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I want to get into programming and someone recommended Visual Basic to start out with...I have a little experience with VB but it was a few years ago. I remember a little bit about it but i never really went in depth.

Is it a good idea to learn it further? Or should i go with another language? Thanks in advance brehs :feedme:

My question to you is what is your reason for learning to code? Depending on your answer is what language you should start out with.