Proliferation of switch handguns and hip-hop influence

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Your city been violent Toronto not so much... Just wait for the 2022 stats :wow:

According to Canada's government statistics agency, gun violence overall rose by more than 40% in Canada between 2013 and 2017, with much of that increase driven by incidents in Toronto.

Toronto Police Chief Mark Saunders says that the city's recent gun violence has been connected to gang activity.
Crime had been down in my city from the early 2000s till around 2015 tho. Crime been outta control since but I can give you the exact reasons. Do we know for a fact the rise in crime in Toronto is due to music?

killacal

Banned
Daps
Crime had been down in my city from the early 2000s till around 2015 tho. Crime been outta control since but I can give you the exact reasons. Do we know for a fact the rise in crime in Toronto is due to music?
How Chicago’s ‘drill’ music scene set a template for Toronto’s underground rap stars — and their feuds

The idea of shooting nikkas and taunting dead Opps on video over music is spreading all over the world and it's cuz of drill music that Chicago made popular.

Let's be honest about this shyt if we really want to break it down

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
They making all pistols like the Glock 18 wihh the the switch, which means people don’t have the brace of a shoulder stock like a at-15 or ak derivative, it’s also cheaper. Which means more people (innocent will get killed)

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Children are notorious for making poor decisions, who are the adults giving these kids the guns?
Kids getting the guns themselves that or the “big homies” are sending them on torpedo missions.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That fat sloppy journalist covering the YSL case wrote an article on switches I feel is thread worthy.

These guns pretty much have no effectiveness and led to a mass shooting (gang related) in a Sacramento club this year where innocents were killed.

shyt is spreading coast to coast due to rap lyrics and videos. Now the thing for street nikkas is to have switches which is almost purely aesthetic.

For anyone that doubts the influence of hip-hop these guns have made their way even into NYC.

The thing to look at is that this one has a sticker from the underwear company Ethika (a company that has been popularized through rapper endorsement deals and rapper product placement, shyt was started by skateboarders). Now where would a 15 year old kid from the Bronx get an idea to put a sticker on the clip of his gun?

“We puttin stickers on our drums that’s a city thing”

-Lil Durk

This nikka Mysonne is a fukking idiot. Calling these kids young kings.. They are fukking savages.. We don't give props to nerds in our community so everyone thinks they gotta be Thugnificent..

Like Soldier Boy.. This dude been rich since a teenager and he wants to play gangsta. You rich nikka, go do something positive. I learned that no matter what you say to the younger generation they will ignore it til it happens to them then be like "damn this nikka told me this would happen"

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
The conversation deserves more nuance.

Hip-hop popularizes everything from gun brands, to automobiles, to clothing, to liquor, to marijuana strands through product placement this is just a fact. Things that would otherwise be regional or individual spread nation and worldwide due to hip-hop.

Hip-hop in its present form is being used as a legal subdivision and fronts for criminal enterprises. The journalist of the article in the OP estimates that up to 30% of Atlanta’s murders are due to gang related rap beef. A lot of rap money is used to further criminal activity and this is proven in all of the recent indictments (EST, YSL, Ralo, Casanova, Tr3yway). These indictments will keep happening because most new age street rappers put their affiliations on front street

A city like Atlanta despite becoming an entertainment hub that has created millionaires is still as dangerous as ever.

You’ve got a multimillionaire like Young Thug acting as a gang leader and allegedly using his philanthropic community events as grounds for teenage recruitment using rap dreams and luxuries as a tactic. Rap used to be used as a way out the hood now it’s the opposite.

We have to question what moral imperative labels have and whether these rappers are doing enough for their community with their money or having a positive effect at all.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
How Chicago’s ‘drill’ music scene set a template for Toronto’s underground rap stars — and their feuds

The idea of shooting nikkas and taunting dead Opps on video over music is spreading all over the world and it's cuz of drill music that Chicago made popular.

Let's be honest about this shyt if we really want to break it down

The conversation deserves more nuance.

Hip-hop popularizes everything from gun brands, to automobiles, to clothing, to liquor, to marijuana strands through product placement this is just a fact. Things that would otherwise be regional or individual spread nation and worldwide due to hip-hop.

Hip-hop in its present form is being used as a legal subdivision and fronts for criminal enterprises. The journalist of the article in the OP estimates that up to 30% of Atlanta’s murders are due to gang related rap beef. A lot of rap money is used to further criminal activity and this is proven in all of the recent indictments (EST, YSL, Ralo, Casanova, Tr3yway). These indictments will keep happening because most new age street rappers put their affiliations on front street

A city like Atlanta despite becoming an entertainment hub that has created millionaires is still as dangerous as ever.

You’ve got a multimillionaire like Young Thug acting as a gang leader and allegedly using his philanthropic community events as grounds for teenage recruitment using rap dreams and luxuries as a tactic. Rap used to be used as a way out the hood now it’s the opposite.

We have to question what moral imperative labels have and whether these rappers are doing enough for their community with their money or having a positive effect at all.
All these things would exist without hip hop tho. Only difference now is rappers are really living the life they rap about which is what the streets wanted in the first place. The industry was more than content putting out a bunch of studio gangsters. It was the streets that wanted rappers to be authentic