Protip: Don't Pay to File Taxes

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
It's tax season again and I know a lot of brehs and brehettes are now getting their tax returns together before the 4/18/16 deadline. You might be going with a online tax preparation provider like H&R Block, TaxSlayer, etc. -- but the providers you're looking at most likely only offer free federal returns and want to make you dish out some cash for their "upgraded" service so you can file your state returns and file certain forms.

We already pay enough in taxes. We shouldn't have to pay to file as well :pacspit:

There's a better option. An online tax prep provider that is 100% free: no hidden fees, no upgrade fees, free online tax support... AND you get $5 just for filing :ohhh:

Courtesy of Cream Scheme, peep it here and go ahead and :eat:brehs.

Tommy Sheppard

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I fell for the same trick and didn't even get any state taxes back :beli: I don't think I never have neither.

made me pay 30 dollars for no reason :camby:

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
But do you get $5 back from them for filing though :usure:

And do they allow you to file all forms and schedules for free :usure: (if you have a side business or certain investment income, a lot of those forms will be excluded by most of those providers and reserved for their "Upgraded" service)

Klyk21

Hate is Rising, Love is Dying....
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Ga
just used turbo tax....it ain't free no more.....the state+fed cost me 54.99+ 34.99. I think i clicked on one of their links though for the upgraded service...can't remember:manny:

Larry Lambo

Superstar
Daps
Man, I ain't paid to do taxes in 11-12 years.

Turbo Tax for Federal, and I do State through the NC government website.

I may have to change if I have some sort of business with complex deductions, but deductions for stuff like houses and kids are easy to do on your own.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man, I ain't paid to do taxes in 11-12 years.

Turbo Tax for Federal, and I do State through the NC government website.

I may have to change if I have some sort of business with complex deductions, but deductions for stuff like houses and kids are easy to do on your own.
It's a simple process?

Larry Lambo

Superstar
Daps
It's a simple process?

Yeah, for the most part. Again if your overall tax situation is complex it may not work.

But if you don't have crazy deductions it's not that hard to figure out. One form to calculate your deductions, and then the main return form. Just need a couple documents to help fill it out (W-2, Federal Return, 1099 for mortgage interest/property tax)