Puff sits down with his mentor, Billionaire Ray Dalio

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Word?

What are the details of the deal?
We don't know, and neither does forbes. But forbes always credited him with owning part of it. Diddy has said things where he wasn't happy with who was making the chunk of the guap from them ciroc sales. Them liquor companies are old money. Owned by families and old azz rich ppl. Just like the fashion industry, its hard for n1ggaz to get that real ownership in those companies.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Ciroc was a glorified endorsement deal. Don't let Forbes fool u, Jay aint a billionaire either.
I don't believe Hov is at a billy either. Forbes has no real means of verifying their numbers. They glance at revenue, make assumptions on investment percentages and call it a day. It's good promotion for the artists and gets non-old white people to click on Forbes' website.

Honestly I still think Dre is the number one earner because we can actually verify his numbers (Beats merger with Apple, Apple Music, successful film executive producer).

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
We don't know, and neither does forbes. But forbes always credited him with owning part of it. Diddy has said things where he wasn't happy with who was making the chunk of the guap from them ciroc sales. Them liquor companies are old money. Owned by families and old azz rich ppl. Just like the fashion industry, its hard for n1ggaz to get that real ownership in those companies.
Diddy got a 50/50 split on Ciroc profits.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Diddy got a 50/50 split on Ciroc profits.
Again, u don't what that contract says and how profits are defined. Like jay with his 1% of 1% ownership.

All I know is Diddy seemed to suggest that he made ciroc big and wasn't compensated like he thought he shoulda been. If it was truly 50/50 u would think he would be well on hos way to a billy.

And didn't he do another deal with that company

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Again, u don't what that contract says and how profits are defined. Like jay with his 1% of 1% ownership.

All I know is Diddy seemed to suggest that he made ciroc big and wasn't compensated like he thought he shoulda been. If it was truly 50/50 u would think he would be well on hos way to a billy.

Of course i haven’t seen the contract but Diddy deal has been reported for over a decade. He did another deal with them for Deleon. It’s reported that he actually owns Deleon 50/50.

Evrrybody knew jay had less than 1% ownership in the nets but he rapped like it was much bigger.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This is the only quote I remember from the Diageo announcement...

“With Ciroc, we dated. Now with DeLeon, we’re married,” Combs said in an interview. “This deal is way better. This makes me a true owner.”

Did he say something else?