Question to the military brehs...

Loop Ba$eCrawler

All Star
Daps
I took the ASVAB for the Army around the beginning of senior year cause the recruiter caught me and I knew college probably wasn't in my future. Got a 79 and just sat on it thinking I'll way my options once I get done with high school.

Finished high school and was working 2 jobs trying to save up for community college. Dad came in one day after working 24 hrs straight and asked when I would find a 3rd job so I could start paying rent and bills. Went to sleep, woke up and went straight to the Air Force recruiter later that day...Only reason I went to them is cause I visited an Army fort before and had no desire to be on boats or catching bullets in the Marines...And Langley AFB looked clean as shyt when somebody took me there compared to the Army fort.

Talked to my Air Force recruiter that same day and he said he could transfer the ASVAB easily. I said cool and let him work. Michael Bolton (Actual name of my Air Force recruiter) called me a few days later and said I'm qualified for nearly every job in the Air Force. Setup an appointment and went down to discuss my afsc and signed paperwork that same day...Then went to basic like 3 months later. Spent the next year telling myself, I have to finish this or I gotta go back and get bytched out by my Dad endlessly. Eventually finished that 6 year enlistment and just kept moving on.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Navy

2 of my friends was supposed to join along with me but they had a falling out with the recruiter. I felt like my life at the time was just stagnant and it was time to get far away.

Did 4 years, Wish i could've stayed in, gonna try the reserves soon

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I needed to get away from home 1 of my best friends had gotten killed the year before and my other friend was going back and forth on a charge and had a seed....I wasn't the college type only thing I really knew was the streets but I remember that summer it was a bad drought and cats was beefing over the turf really hard...My pops was in the Army and talked me into going into the AF...A recruiter called one day and next thing I know I was in the AF in 2000.

In 2005 my AFSC in the AF was doing a Reduction in Force and I had some fun hanging with the Army brehs on some previous deployments so the Army had a $10,000 bonus for my AFSC to transfer into the Army....I always looked at it as just another job.

I don't like the AF or Army any more or less than the other and both have pros/cons.

VICVALLIN

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I joined the coast guard. I knew I wasn't ready for college and my dad was talking that shyt about putting a nikka out so I was like I gotta make some kinda move. I knew I wasn't trying to be in the marines or the army because I wasn't trying to fight no wars (I joined shortly after 9/11), but the coast guard's mission of preserving life resonated with me. so that's the route I went. I think I was in boot camp about a month after talking to a recruiter. 14 years later, its the best decision I've ever made.

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
Navy

School was wack and on a mature level I know I wasn't ready for it. So I joined BC I needed to stay proactive and keep forward in life. The Navy BC they travel the most:ohlawd:

wickedsm

Auntie Mozelle
Supporter
Daps
my husband was fukking up in college, family was in turmoil
went to the recruiters and the army recruiter he talked to was an ass
went next door and talked to the navy recruiter and that was it.
he did 20+ and retired. now hes working on a second retirement in the civillian world.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Was working as a manager at the Sony Store in Lenox Mall during the recession and I could just SEE at he eriignin the wall. People were hardly shopping in the mall and Sony was doing all types of stupid shyt to stay afloat. So I thought about it literally for a whole off day. My father had joined the Air Force when he was young, my older brother had joined the Marines, and my cousin had joined The Navy. So I felt like it was destiny to make the cypher complete. Next day me and my best friend went to the Army recruiter and the rest is history...

Funny thing is 1 year after I joined they closed that Sony store lol

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Navy

I was working at a bar in South Florida but just felt like i could be doing more in life.

I applied to go to school but because I was under age 24 and my mother still claiming me on taxes, they still considered me a GA resident and fukked up my college tuition (even though i hadnt lived in GA in over 3 years).

I remember back in the day I had taken the ASVAB in HS and had like a 86 or something. Every recruiter came looking for me except AF.

I remember talking to the AF recruiter and he was a dikkhead.

Fast forward, I went to the Army recruiting station and they were cool but something didnt feel right. Called my Navy homeboy and he hooked me up with a recruiter who was cool af. I started the DEP immediately but i got into some legal trouble and needed to be gone asap. Retook the ASVAB and scored like a low 80 this time but didnt care. I was gonna be a cook but my recruiter looked out, said i might need to reconsider my options. I already had computer certs so i went IT...

8 years later im out working a IT gig and going to school for free. Trying to become a contractor next.

Only thjng i regret was not looking hard enough into the AF. I wouldve probably stayed in if I was AF

The_Truth

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Anybody join the National Guard? I've been looking into that lately. :patrice:

DamonDashsRocAFellaChain

How could a man say he has a boss and be proud?
Daps
I was messing with a chick who's man was in the Army. Am I un-American because of that?

...o3

...eye see messages in music
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
dallas, tx
army. my uncle went army. my big bro went army. i figured, why not, they sent me around the country and paid for my college.

i should have gone AF tho.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
The closest I got to that was for some reason I let a Marine recruiter pick me up and take me to take one of those practice test. Mind you I was a really good student and had already gotten into engineering schools at [Maryland and Illinois]. I scored some high ass score on the practice joint and the recruiter was just like, you can do whatever you want. He dropped me home and I ducked his calls after that :skip:. I honestly don't know why I even entertained him, I had no inclining or a want of ever joining. And if I did, I would have just gone to one of the academies.

Woodwerkz

R.I.P. King Bean #8 #24 and Little Deuce #2 Gigi
Daps
Reppin
Mamba Mentality # Kobe&GiGi. #LakerNation #LWO
Anybody join the National Guard? I've been looking into that lately. :patrice:

That main difference between Guard and Reserve is funding.... the Guard depends on the state and the Reserves on the Feds...which means...if you in a state where they ain't banking well...look out because you will have shytty equipment and no money for other stuff. The plus about the Guard is usually if you score well enough...you can pick your job from a list they have. In the Reserves it's basically what they have available at that time. I went with the Reserves because I knew the base I was going to be at was a Joint Base and active duty, civilians and Traditional Reservist all worked together and if you walked in an office you couldn't tell who is who. I will say that you can get on orders to do boarder patrol and other stuff like that with the Guard and you will get activated if it's a state of emergency declared. You can also get on orders with the Reserves also...I was on orders for nearly 2yrs straight a few years ago. I know a guy that's a Reservist who I always thought was active duty because he was always at the base...dude has been on orders for 5yrs straight.

I was messing with a chick who's man was in the Army. Am I un-American because of that?

Bruh some of the biggest slut buckets i've ever seen are in the Army or spouses of Army troops. I saw this chick in the club the same night her husband deployed...then on dates and shyt b4 he probably made his first call home. Another one put her husbands stuff in storage and moved to another state with her new man while her husband was deployed for 15mths. Dude came home thinking he was about to surprise her on his R&R to someone renting out his home [they gave him his mail a a key to his storage...and on top of that the chick took $10k out of their savings]... he ended up tracking her down and beating her bf ass and choked her out...got put out of the military after that]. So of these chicks are just that grimy.