Question:Why did it take kobe until 5 years in the league to be first team ALL NBA?

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:jbhmm:How old is the OP?

Kobe got drafted to a good team that didn’t really need him yet. Their strength was already their guard/wing play with Van Exel, Jones, and Ceballos the garbage man.

Hell they were a 50 plus win team before Kobe & Shaq got there.

It all worked out. They had to tailor the roster to suit Shaq while simultaneously developing Kobe. By the time Van Exel and Jones were gone, he was ready.

B1G_controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
:jbhmm:How old is the OP?

Kobe got drafted to a good team that didn’t really need him yet. Their strength was already their guard/wing play with Van Exel, Jones, and Ceballos the garbage man.

Hell they were a 50 plus win team before Kobe & Shaq got there.

It all worked out. They had to tailor the roster to suit Shaq while simultaneously developing Kobe. By the time Van Exel and Jones were gone, he was ready.

He was ready before they left

The Lakers delayed the inevitable by keeping him on a leash

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's practically the equivalent of "gold gloves" in baseball.

You would never use something like First Team All NBA to compare players, ever.

Well....you wouldn't....if you actually were having an intelligent conversation.

:coffee:

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Lebron, Luka and TD are clearly on a different level than Kobe in terms of talent and basketball IQ

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The most infuriating part about Gen Z is that use Google for everything but, refuse to think about context.

When I learn about eras that were before my time I at least try to read as much as I can to try to understand the timeframe.