CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It really confuses me why they haven't faced the usual coups and revolts that most of the new countries of the 60s faced. Many of those countries were both dictatorships and communist, with many of the same restrictions as NK, but still had civil strife. Cambodia and Khmer rouge come to mind.

Surely, there is some general who wants the throne, right? I mean defecting military people have admitted to being paid peanuts to be in the north Korean army. Surely, there is friction due to this, right? :lupe:

Surely , some charismatic civilian has a differing opinion on true communism ? I'm sure the American 3-letter agencies can help such a person:dahell:

There must be some businesspeople who are tired of sucking up to kim, right? I know there are rich north Koreans who contract slaves to China and handle coal exports. Where is their jack ma, standing up to the Korean communist party out of greed?

And even if these third parties don't cause unrest, there must be successors or spouses who would do the same thing also . For example, immediately after Mao's death; his own wife in China ran a coup and tried to take over in a January 6 style of attempt.

I find it hard to believe that North Korea alone has cracked the code to regime stability when literally no one else out of their communist, dictator cohort could do the same.

Superstar
Daps
Culture, isolation, and fear have a lot to do with it. In the past they grew up thinking their leader was like a deity. There isn’t any outside influence, so they can’t really tell if the grass is greener, or not, on the other side. There’s also the reality that they can be plucked away from existence over something anyone else would perceive as a tiny annoyance.

Last edited:
Daps
"Food availability has likely fallen below the bare minimum with regard to human needs, and on one metric, is at its worst since the country’s famine in the 1990s."

"The evidence presented thus far points to a significant deterioration in living conditions and an ongoing complex humanitarian emergency with food insecurity at its core."

This does not touch on executions, imprisonment, electrical grid failures, refugee conditions, etc. North Korea has not cracked anything but the will of its people.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
because there's no second amendment :yeshrug:

and i say that as someone who hates guns, and will never own one myself. there's no better example of a thoroughly cucked and unarmed people than north koreans :huhldup:

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
because there's no second amendment :yeshrug:

and i say that as someone who hates guns, and will never own one myself. there's no better example of a thoroughly cucked and unarmed people than north koreans :huhldup:

I would like to think you're joking. But you've made dumber and less nuanced observations than this before.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would like to think you're joking. But you've made dumber and less nuanced observations than this before.
if north koreans were armed like americans, you think kim jong un is still doing the shyt he does to them?

aren't you not allowed to leave north korea? :dead:i don't know, breh. i don't see an armed, self respecting populace putting up with that shyt

voiture

All Star
Bushed
Daps

19-

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
i dont think its surprising why the average citizens havent done anything. i do think its unusual there havent been more coup attempts from the higher-ranking officers.

my guess is that because we have much less access to information from north korea than other countries, there have been coup attempts that were covered up.

Studious one

Change names, like change clothes; stay a fly girl
Daps
"Food availability has likely fallen below the bare minimum with regard to human needs, and on one metric, is at its worst since the country’s famine in the 1990s."

"The evidence presented thus far points to a significant deterioration in living conditions and an ongoing complex humanitarian emergency with food insecurity at its core."

This does not touch on executions, imprisonment, electrical grid failures, refugee conditions, etc. North Korea has not cracked anything but the will of its people.
What a fitting username!

Chronic

All Star
Daps
if north koreans were armed like americans, you think kim jong un is still doing the shyt he does to them?

aren't you not allowed to leave north korea? :dead:i don't know, breh. i don't see an armed, self respecting populace putting up with that shyt
China used to distribute millions of rifles, grenades and mortars to rural villages so they could form guerillas bands if Soviet invade them. The number is even higher if you count the weapons that got looted from armories by the Red Guards during Cultural Revolution. But even after Tiananmen they never rise against CCP. Instead they got used to settle personal scores like when several villages fighting each other with rifles and artilleries over land disputes. Armed police had to come and disarm the warring parties and China introduced stricter firearm laws.

Last edited: