R.I.P. B.I.G.

Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
Notorious B.I.G. was shot and killed 22 years ago today

by Jessie Karangu

WASHINGTON (CIRCA) — Rap sensation Notorious B.I.G. (a.k.a. Biggie Smalls) was shot and killed on March 9, 1997 — 22 years ago today.

The artist was leaving a party in Los Angeles and departed in an SUV. As the vehicle was stopped at a red light, another vehicle pulled up next to his and began firing shots, according to Biography . Biggie, born Christopher Wallace, died months after his rival and former friend Tupac was shot and killed in Las Vegas on Sept. 7, 1996.

The Brooklyn, New York, native, whose parents were from Jamaica, left behind two children and wife Faith Evans. His daughter T'yanna, who was only 3 when her father died, has since started a clothing line known as Notoriouss Clothing . His son CJ is also entrepreneurial and launched a cannabis line honoring his father called Think BIG.

"Growing up, my sister and I were always told we'll one day have the responsibility to carry our father's legacy on. But I didn't really know who my dad was until I got older," he told Forbes in an interview . "Before it was really just the rapper perception that everybody knew. As a child, all I heard was, 'Your dad sold drugs,' 'Your dad was in and out of jail.

"The public perception of him was this bad guy, but deep down he was a great human, had an incredible ear, cared about his friends, his mom, his wife, his girlfriends, his daughter, his son. He cared about everybody around him, to the point where he was taking care of so many people."

Notorious B.I.G. would've turned 47 on May 21, 2019.

circa.com: Notorious B.I.G. was shot and killed 22 years ago today.
Notorious B.I.G. was shot and killed 22 years ago today

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That verse he spit on the Michael Jackson song was :wow:.

His body of work was too small for him to be the GOAT IMO