Rate this anime day 177: Beast King GoLion (The American version of this anime is called Voltron)

Rate : BeastGolion

• 1) Pac Spit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2)

• 3)

• 4)

• 5) Eh it’s okay

• 6)

• 7)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
full

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
I gave it an 8. OG Cartoon great along with Silverhawks and Thundercats. :wow: Gobots get an honorable mention. :salute:

Compared to the new Voltron though. I don't know fam. :manny:

@SJUGRAD13 are you adding the Car version of Voltron too? Or just the lion version?

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
I gave it an 8. OG Cartoon great along with Silverhawks and Thundercats. :wow: Gobots get an honorable mention. :salute:

Compared to the new Voltron though. I don't know fam. :manny:

@SJUGRAD13 are you adding the Car version of Voltron too? Or just the lion version?
I’ll look into it.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Then I form like Voltron and blast you with my shoulder missles

Slim Shady Eminem is the old initials.

10/10. It sucks the the dubs and editing butchered was actually a pretty mature story as a kid I didn't know any better. Revisiting it once there were fansubs made me appreciate that much more.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
this thread should have more replies.
yet the whole narrative of anyone commonly knowing go lion existed before the internet. Or any know how of what licensing issues of voltron, robotech, and transformers is wildly exaggerated and revisionist at best.
let alone someone actually owning the original anime without paying a hefty penny.
while never disclosing a detailed rant to explain ownership of this knowledge.
plus the physical copy is a complete indicator of someone faking to look down.while subjecting others to this is some bullshyt.
not to mention, word of mouth for small shops nationally in an age.
where that was difficult before 1997 and the dawn of the internet. Meaning the little Asian store that carried the originals were few and far between.
plus lasted if any between 87-93.
or small obscure suburban based niche import shops. or the even more rare large local urban city tape import store. Which were highly expensive per licensed imported product.
of which were hard to hunt down because they sold illegal material as well.
As the main draw to those underworld style import tape houses were illegal import films to begin with.
so one episode of go lion.
could have been eighty to a hundred on beta with no vhs conversion with no subtitles back then.
this whole internet act like they knew revision is a total lie.

so I thank you for the background.
yet this whole nerd shyt.
like nikkaz knew when voltron originally aired it was go lion.
is lie welled in fake how can i be down revisionism.

salute for this thread.

art barr

are you going to do sabre rider any time soon.
Or did i miss that thread in your series?

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
yet the whole narrative of anyone commonly knowing go lion existed before the internet. Or any know how of what licensing issues of voltron, robotech, and transformers is wildly exaggerated and revisionist at best.
let alone someone actually owning the original anime without paying a hefty penny.
plus the physical copy is a complete indicator of someone faking to look down.while subjecting others to this is some bullshyt.
where that was difficult before 1997 and the dawn of the internet. Meaning the little Asian store that carried the originals were few and far between.
or small obscure suburban based niche import shops. or the even more rare large local urban city tape import store. Which were highly expensive per licensed imported product.
As the main draw to those underworld style import tape houses were illegal import films to begin with.
could have been eighty to a hundred on beta with no vhs conversion with no subtitles back then.

salute for this thread.

art barr

A lot of people don't remember how crazy it was finding anime even in Japanese in the US. Unless it was like one of the big joints like Studio Ghibli etc. I had an older cousin in the 80 who used to sell fansubbed Betamax and video tapes. The quality wasnt always the best but he was the one that even got me into video as a career.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps

salute for this thread.

art barr

No I haven’t done Sabre Rider, but I will do it.