How Would You Rate Xscape?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Archangel

Banned
Daps
Jodeci kicked off Day 1 of RTG and gained a 8.58/10.
https://www.thecoli.com/threads/rate-this-group-day-1-jodeci.726886/

Leaderboard:
https://www.thecoli.com/threads/rate-this-group-leaderboard.727112/

PAY ATTENTION:
  4. These factors should be taken into consideration when voting: Artistry. Versatility. Vocal Ability. Talent of All Group Members. Classic Albums. Classic Songs. Dancing. Consistency. Song Content. Musicality. Instrumentation. Production/Beats. Impact/Influence/Appeal. Do They Stand The Test of Time?
  5. Singers will be chosen randomly. I am open to suggestions.
  6. Polls will remain open for 24 hours and then the votes will be tallied up and final scores added to the leaderboard.
  7. Drop that 5 Star thread rating and dap

Day 2. Xscape

c90e5af55b258d96b65ad3b40a2a56e5.jpg

Xscape-.jpg

3 Albums:

CWyxtKb.jpg

+ Just Kickin It peaked at #2
+ Understanding peaked at #8

CERTIFIED Platinum in US

PyEWT11.jpg

+ Who Can I Run To peaked at #8

CERTIFIED Platinum in US

dDNP41G.jpg

+ Arms of The One Who Loves You peaked at #7
+ My Little Secret peaked at #9

CERTIFIED Platinum in US

Studio Songs:

Live:

Last edited:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I used to like their songs as a kid. Listening to them now, they sound amatuerish.:unimpressed: Plus biggie had me :umad: T.I. did a posthumous track with a nikka that dissed his wife :mjlol:

i'll give them a strong 6. prolly being generous

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
6, they had some of the best production of all the girl groups but vocally they were middling to wow with LaTocha.

That synth (?) on

is still cold to this day. Traces of my lipstick was a good album as well.

Please do Zhane now that you’re doing groups!

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Meh.. sorry but never was feeling them or the group's music like that. The only thing that I know them for is off Biggie's verse ... calling the whole group out for being facially challenged.
4 - soooo not inspired by them and boring. Mediocre- very mediocre.

( could you please do 702 if you can for this series, since you did Escape :feedme:I rocked with 702, heavy. )

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
This is tough. As a kid I loved their music. I remember listening to understanding and who can I run to, and really feeling the music. But I have to agree with others, now listening to it, I don't think they sound that great. It's funny watching those videos--man I miss the 90's. I'll give them a 7. They probably deserve less, but I'm giving them extra for the nostalgia.

Archangel

Banned
Daps
I gave em a 7. They all could sing very well so that's a plus and I liked their lyrical content. Very seldom did you hear songs like "Understanding" being played on the radio. That song still is cool to me because it can really help out a lot of couples in their relationship. I like songs like that; songs with meaning and value.

My favorite song from them is their remake of Who Can I Run To. It's one of the few times where the remake is better than the original. Jermaine Dupri really made them great with his writing and production.

Overall though, they were just a solid group. Good enough to stand out among the bloodbath that was 90's girl groups. However, not all that great to be mentioned with heavy hitter groups like TLC/Destinys Child.