Rate this HBCU Day 69: Southern University and A&M College

How would you rate Southern University and A&M College?

• 1 (If there are no other options...)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 5 (it works)

Votes: 1 10.0%

Votes: 4 40.0%

• 10 (Premier institution of Black Excellence)

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Southern may be the GOAT school..best colors, best uniforms, beautiful location, in a big-ish city, historic athletics department, hands down the best band in the country, & they have a nice mix of engineering and liberal arts majors. I’m kinda upset they had to drop architecture a few years back but other than that they probably have whatever major potential students would want.

I may stan SU more than my own school :wow:

I wanted to go here so bad when I graduated high school but that was a few months after Katrina and my mom said she wasn’t signing any papers for any Louisiana schools :mjcry:

I think it’s dope as hell how SU has their own system & have schools under them instead of SU being under LSU, Louisiana Tech or University of Louisiana system.

10 out of 10

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Look at that dude McNair smh. Breh was killing that game
Alcorn McNair 93 and 94 vs SU was brazy. :banderas:
Alcorn vs SU has been spectacular. From the Marino Casem switcheroo in the 80s, to McNair era of the 90s, to the recent SCG games of 14,18, and 19 the atmosphere has been lit. With Alcorn in the west I think that game will become more intense now. It's never been heated, just good atmosphere and fierce competition.

as for this thread Southern gets a 9.

Southern just has an overall likability to them, their alums are all generally cool too. Use to party down there with the brehs great times.

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
Had no idea you did the Yard. Automatic 5*. Had family that attended/graduated. Had a blast there for games and tailgating.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Thanks for keeping us appraised of all the leadership moves. Hopefully for the better.
Thanks. There has been a lot of turnover of HBCU leadership since you started the series.
This one is a little different. The previous president came in 2022 to be both the president of the Southern U. system and chancellor of SUBR . They decided to stop having him split responsibilities and conducted a search for somebody to lead that campus.
I wish him the best, and I hope it's for the better of the University.

Last edited: