Rate This Singer - Female Edition - Day 1 - Lauryn Hill

How Do You Rate Lauryn Hill's Vocal Ability?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Archangel

Banned
Daps
Family lets get it started :blessed:

Ya'll remember the Rate This Girl series? Lets flip it into singers. Lets get the consensus hierarchy on who the dopest female vocalists of all time are.

The Process:

1. All we doing is voting on the listed singer from 1* - 10* on how good you think the listed singer is.
1* being :camby: (Absolutely Terrible) - 5* being :ehh: (Decent) - and 10* being:ohlawd: (Vocal Mastery)

2. The following things should be taken into account : Vocal quality, Vocal control, Vocal technique, Song Flexibility (ability to do different types of genres i.e pop, rnb, jazz, rap etc.), Live singing vs CD singing. Album/Mixtape quality. Longevity. Musicianship (Can they play instruments) Classic songs/hits. Entire body of work. Do they stand the test of time?
I don't recommend it but if you want to you can take looks, sexuality, into account, go head. If there are any other metrics you choose to use to vote, do you.

3. Votes will be displayed publicly.

4. Voting poll will last for 24 hours and then close.

5. Singers will be chosen randomly. PM me if you have suggestions you'd like to see.

6. Videos will be posted to showcase the singers abilities.

7. Some pictures will be added.

8. Votes will be tallied up and the average of the votes will result in the final score.

9. Drop that dap and 5 star rating

Lets Get It Nikka:wow:

Day 1. Lauryn Hill
FINAL RATING AFTER POLLS CLOSED
7.6/10

lauryn_hill_photo_by_anthony_barboza_archive_photos_getty_114465492.jpg

1292885120-laurynhill1.jpg

The legend herself. It could all be so simple:wow:
Lauryn Hill is rightly regarded as one of the most exciting and original talents of her generation. The singer, songwriter and actress soared onto the music scene as part of the 1990s hip-hop trio the Fugees before launching her solo career with the Grammy Award-winning album the Miseducation of Lauryn Hill.

Years Active : 1994 - 2013
Albums : The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill
Singles from album: Doo-Wop(That Thing), Ex-Factor, Everything is Everything
Doo-Wop (Ex-Factor) is Hills only song to reach number 1 on the Billboard charts.

The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill Certs::whoo:

C0vxZJS.jpg

MTV Unplugged No. 2.0
No Singles.

MTV Unplugged No. 2.0 Certs:
KF7HCH7.jpg

Career Accolades:
RWePIF9.jpg

Studio Songs

Live Vocals

Acapella

Last edited:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Decent my nikka?
200.webp
yes decent. In terms of actual mainstream artists she was decent. Of course, in a room full of girls from the hood that can kinda sing she'll stand out, but what happens when you put her up next to prime Mariah, or prime Whitney? Even a Jennifer Hudson i would put above her and i gotta leave room because J-Hud wouldn't be a 9 or 10. Where Lauryn does her damage is that she has some of the best songs, but actual singing... she's decent.

Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
Was just listening to it the other day with my son. :wow:

Amazing how that shyt still bumps today. I wish she'd make another album. I know her vocals have probably worsened by now but the people been feigning for another album for 20 years
I like how her voice is raspy but she has a clean falsetto. She knows her voice and how to work around her limitations. She held her own while singing with Tanya Blount, who can blow her damn self :wow:

Archangel

Banned
Daps
yes decent. In terms of actual mainstream artists she was decent. Of course, in a room full of girls from the hood that can kinda sing she'll stand out, but what happens when you put her up next to prime Mariah, or prime Whitney? Even a Jennifer Hudson i would put above her and i gotta leave room because J-Hud wouldn't be a 9 or 10. Where Lauryn does her damage is that she has some of the best songs, but actual singing... she's decent.

Me myself, I rated her a 7. She is a very strong alto based singer. But what puts her over someone like a Jennifer Hudson (who btw is just a power singer, no dynamic ability) is her ability to riff and run through scales so naturally and on KEY. She may not have the power of a JHud or the range of a Mariah but Lauryn's ability to control that heavy vibrato and flawlessly hit them runs is what puts her over the the top in my book.

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps
One of, if not, the most overrated artists in the modern Era. Released only one album that made her a "legend" because she was claiming to have written/produced all the songs herself. Writers and producers were not paid so they left and we never heard from her again other than that weird MTV Live shiit. She is talented, but not legendary. Whitney shiit all over her vocals