Rate This Singer - Female Edition - Day 26 - Ashanti

How Would You Rate Ashanti's Vocals?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Archangel

Banned
Daps
Jill Scott crushed the buildings yesterday gaining a 8.47/10 placing her top 5 so far.
https://www.thecoli.com/threads/rate-this-singer-female-edition-day-25-jill-scott.725318

Leaderboard:
https://www.thecoli.com/threads/rate-this-singer-leaderboard-females.720381/

The Process:
1. Vote on the listed singer from 1* - 10* on how good you think the listed singer is.

1* being :camby: (Absolutely Terrible) - 5* being :ehh: (Decent) - and 10* being:ohlawd: (Vocal Mastery)
2. The following things should be taken into account : Vocal quality, Vocal control, Vocal technique, Song Flexibility (ability to do different types of genres i.e pop, rnb, jazz, rap etc.), Live singing vs CD singing. Album/Mixtape quality. Longevity. Musicianship (Can they play instruments) Classic songs/hits. Entire body of work. Do they stand the test of time?

I don't recommend it but if you want to you can take looks, sexuality, into account, go head. If there are any other metrics you choose to use to vote, do you.
3. Votes will be displayed publicly.

4. Voting poll will last for 24 hours and then close.

5. Singers will be chosen randomly. PM me if you have suggestions you'd like to see.

6. Videos will be posted to showcase the singers abilities.

7. Some pictures will be added.

8. Votes will be tallied up and the average of the votes will result in the final score.

9. Drop that dap and 5 star thread rating

Day 26. Ashanti

MV5BMTgzNjU0MDYxNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTgwNTMzMQ@@._V1_UY317_CR27,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

latest

Years Active: 2001-Present

6 Albums:

Ashanti
xJO58qB.jpg

+ Foolish peaked at #1
+ Happy peaked at #8
+ Baby peaked at #15

Certifications:
l4Qqzbc.jpg

dIKH9yN.jpg

+ Rock Wit U peaked at #2
+ Rain On Me peaked at #7

Certifications:
0159ov0.jpg

myI9n5L.jpg

+ Only U peaked at # 13

Certifications:
sMPB8eG.jpg

Other Albums:

The Declaration(2008)

Braveheart(2014)

Accolades:
SN1cbIs.jpg

Studio Vocals:

Live Vocals:

Other:

:mjgrin:
0.2/10

been-skimming-through-my-itunes-for-hours-trying-to-figure-24867669.png

Last edited:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I like Ashanti - vocals are moderate but having that Murder Inc. push/ production definitely helped her musically. I remember when people were trying to call her out for the Lady of Soul award or (whatever the title was) because they felt that she wasn't all that as far as her vocal ability. I also have to give her extra points because JLo stole her shyt and copied her style, while never really acknowledging her for it. S I don't like how Irv tried to backburner Ashanti bc JLo had the bigger name at the time either. She's a solid singer, stage presence is lacking but I still have some of her songs on my playlist when I'm in an R&B mood. Solid 7.

Daps
I'm just on say right off the top Ashanti is like a low 3 high 2.

She couldn't sing if her life depended on it & she have absolutely no stage presence. Hella garbage like a trash can.
:trash::trash::trash:
She had like 2 good years of relevance cuz she was with Murda Inc & as soon as they went down her career went with it.