re: Using the Bodies of Straight Black Males

invalid

Banned
Daps
.....without a straight black male in sight.

I primarily use Instagram to follow many contemporary black artist from around the diaspora with black art being a little passion of mine.

This popped up on my TL. Artist is not super famous but has done a couple of illustrations for the New York Times.

I've primarily dismissed accusations that BLM is an LGBT organization fronting as a black civil rights organization.

But this made me think....

Yes, black alternative lives matter, but there should be a certain level of consciousness to the extent to which they are now participating in erasure in an effort to "center".

invalid

Banned
Daps
I get what you mean, this is a mainly statistically an issue for black men specifically.

I think this is the point. When we think of "intersection", police brutality is an issue that is more prominently and significantly felt by those that are *black* and *straight* and *male* for many historical reasons. Therefore, in this instance, the intersection of those factors, with respect to police brutality, should at least be visible in this conversation. At least.

Illustration is a variation of "all lives matter" when this is primarily a black straight male intersectional issue.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Feminists and gays hijacked the energy from George Floyd to bring attention to themselves

Black lives matter

Save the dolphins

:mjtf:. Wtf did u just say

Meanwhile gays and women are promoting Dwayne Wade and his confused son as a healthy father son archetype for black males. That's who the left wants us to be in exchange for their "assistance".

Neutered

This isn't where we want to be anchored

Last edited:

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Of course they hijacked the movement because gay energy attempts to replicate feminine energy and ultimately females are all about themselves....

Really, it is just a chance for Black lgbtdieud folks to get a seat at massa's table....

Once again, men do all the work and alphabet crew takes the credit...

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
.....without a straight black male in sight.

I primarily use Instagram to follow many contemporary black artist from around the diaspora with black art being a little passion of mine.

This popped up on my TL. Artist is not super famous but has done a couple of illustrations for the New York Times.

I've primarily dismissed accusations that BLM is an LGBT organization fronting as a black civil rights organization.

But this made me think....

Yes, black alternative lives matter, but there should be a certain level of consciousness to the extent to which they are now participating in erasure in an effort to "center".

Are those depictions of specific people or representations?

invalid

Banned
Daps
Are those depictions of specific people or representations?

Just gauging from the banner "defund the police" my assumption is that those are representations as I have not seen or heard of instances of black LGBT succumbing to police brutality to warrant the illustration of specific individuals.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
This is what happens when there isn't leadership at the forefront. The initial message gets lost and infiltrated.

This is why the black community needs nominated leaders that will organise and galvanise everyone with an agreed agenda. There are too many people that aren’t really for the betterment of all black people that will insert dividers into the conversation in order to get their personal needs and wants met first.

TL15

Veteran
Daps
This artist is a black female and lesbian (I’m guessing) so you shouldn’t look for representation through her art.

Asking that someone create art that suits your needs defeats the purpose of art (unless you’re paying them directly)

Her lens as a black LGBT person is that “black lives matter” and her black life is represented in that artwork, maybe yours isn’t, but there are other artists who do represent you. :yeshrug:

Fletch

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
Mental illness:yeshrug:
dangerous and dismissive thinking. Needs to be leadership and a strong straight male at the forefront, a role model type that young men want to look up to and would follow to get the whole thing organized and productive.

invalid

Banned
Daps
This artist is a black female and lesbian (I’m guessing) so you shouldn’t look for representation through her art.

Asking that someone create art that suits your needs defeats the purpose of art (unless you’re paying them directly)

Her lens as a black LGBT person is that “black lives matter” and her black life is represented in that artwork, maybe yours isn’t, but there are other artists who do represent you. :yeshrug:

I get that.

And as a person that supports black artist, I believe that they have every right to how they express themselves in their art.

However, something about this seems different. It's political, obviously.

I see parallels to the recent issue between JK Rowling and the trans right activists. JK Rowling essentially saying I am an ally to your cause and support bringing your issues to the forefront but I won't participate in the erasure of issues that affect natural born women to push your agenda. Hence, why I foresee a natural reckoning between the women's rights movements and proponents of the lgb(t) movement who seek to do away with biology, the very factor at the center of women's rights.

Same issue here, we're seeing a natural reckoning between between civil rights and LGBT proponents who seek to divert from the very factors that contribute to, in this instance, police brutality.

I don't know, if we call out proponents of "all lives matter" with respect to racial issues, we should equally be able to apply that in this context, which is basically an "all genders/sexualities matter" on an issue that overwhelmingly affect black straight males. I say this also recognizing straight black women being affected by police brutality as well.