Real Beef is lacking in hip hop.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
blame social media. nikkas rather :fight: with each other on twitter/facebook/instagram & write subliminal open letters than actually craft real disses :wrist: :queen:

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Yeah...the threat of someone dying is "cool" now.

Meanwhile you nikkas will be on that "stop the violence" bullshyt if something DOES pop off.

Lets say Ross did get hit a few weeks ago, what would be your tune then?

This is mainly because no one gives a fck about who can legitimately rap anymore. The fans are a big part of it. How many times have you heard: "I don't listen to him for lyrics, he may not be the best rapper, but it's the overall vibe".

That's the type of sh*t that effects the competitiveness of Hip Hop. If I was a rapper I wouldn't give a fck about jeopardizing my career and going against another emcee who can possibly beat me lyrically when I could just team up with some dope producers and have everyone in my cult-like following still support it and verbally assaults anyone trying to point out my lack of fcks given for the craft.

I feel like it's slowly coming back though with dudes like Kendrick Lamar who isn't a tough guy, but doesn't shy away from showing his competitive nature. Same thing with dudes like Joey Bada$$ and Lil B going at it. Those are both dudes who make positive music, but still compete. Before it was dudes getting on just because they did a bid in jail and were "real" which wasn't good for Hip Hop either, but now it's dudes getting on just because they're hipsters.

Everything goes in cycles though. Right now we're in the subliminal diss phase (Pusha T, Drake, etc.), so I think we're slowly finding a balance to where emcees can trade bars, but don't have to cause physical harm to each other.

:ohlawd: :clap:

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I still bump diss songs from the past every now and then... I'm pretty sure people still bump Takeover, Ether, Hit em Up, Long Kiss goodnight, Against all odds, Back Down, etc.

:laff:

I remember those Street wars mixtapes, used to :eat: so good off of those tapes. I remember one of them had J Hood a freestyle dissing 50 wayyy before Piggy Bank came out, like shortly after GRODT came out, I wonder if 50 ever heard that, I don't think he did though.

Also one of those tapes had a rapper called Skinny Suge dissing Jay Z :wtf:

Cam getting the phone call that Nas blocked him from performing at a show :dead:

Eminem freestyle over the "Wanksta" beat :ahh:

Eminem-Wanksta Freestyle - YouTube

"Gotta bounce back like Micheal Myers"

"Fukk happen to Ja" :foh:

"If he don't shut up we'll get em, let yayo stomp his head in" :dead:

Those tapes also had some reaches, like that DMX/50 collab they made was labeled a Ja Rule diss, when the nikka wasn't even dissed on that song :what:

Same goes for this Cadillac Tah/Ja Rule collab that made one of those tapes.

Overall, those tapes were great...

It's funny you bring up the lox/d block dissing 50 thing, one of the reasons 50 gave for going at Jada/fat joe was that they wre dissing him on mix tapes (joe had that victim song around that time), he said "I hear them saying fukk 50 subliminally on songs, the difference is I have no problem saying it to their face..."

50 was that dude back then lol

Shot was entertains, cos you got to hear diss tracks from beStly everyone who was abyone in the industry.

I :salute: them tapes, cos they captured a moment in time perfectly.

It definately got played out, but was fun for a while.

Lol@the diss wrap up songs at the start of every street wars tape

Juney

Rookie
Daps
Naw, I don't miss that era of beef. Jay-Z got way too disrepectful with his followup to Takeover. Maybe Carmen is a gold digger but why slander a woman and the mother of Nas' child? Why bring her into it? No one died with 50 Cent went at Ross but he was even worse, and he's getting sued because of it.
Snoop/Deathrow vs Eazy-E/Ruthless didn't end up with anyone getting murdered but shyt did pop off. You can't question on another man's sexuality and threaten his life without expecting it too spill into real life.

Drake's second diss was good and the little touches like using the pic of Blue Jays/Joe Carter was more clever to me than Snoop making mama jokes (Dre Day is still a classic though).

504Slim

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
sooo many classics

kool moe dee vs busy bee
bdp vs juice crew
ll cool j vs hammer/ice t/kool moe dee'
ice cube vs nwa
death row vs ruthless
common vs ice cube