Real talk: Batman 1989 is not a good movie

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
I'm sorry brehs, the movie was a little bit wack. It was carried by the costume design and you know it.

Movie was forgettable. Nothing really remarkable about it. The story beats felt weak, character motivations were all over the place, etc. Along with other stupid stuff (joke killing Batman's parents... Vicki Vale...)

Prince's soundtrack didn't add anything to the movie. I left it thinking "what was the point of this?"

Overall, Tim Burtons designs and scene composition are the only things about it that actually stick out for being somewhat good. Otherwise, it was ass.
@humminbird

Daps
Neg

jack-nicholson-joker.gif

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Best parts of the film
Atmosphere which basically brought back the darkness of batman and still aids DC with the batman property
Score
Spurred multiple Batman properties including the animated series

Worst Parts of the film
Joker killing Batman’s parents. Which is only because Tim burton didn’t really know batman before making the film. Joker should never be the main drive behind Batman’s crusade but a reaction to it
Let’s get nuts scene
Prince dancing scene
Batman kills people( I don’t want to hear anyone talk about Ben Affleck’s batman killing people when this one is like Fukk those criminals :mjlol:)
I have more

Last edited: