Real talk, the American Revolution was unnecessary

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
If the Revolution never happened, life would've be the same for the vast majority of people. African slaves would still be abused. Natives would still be genocided off their land. Everyday cac colonists will still cac.

Only the rich landowners would really be affected and even then they would be probably pay a tiny increase of taxes.

The Patriots didn't have any real complaints other than tax increases and such. It was not like Algeria, Indonesia, Vietnam or Angola where the colonizing forces were oppressing them with ethnic cleansing, mass rape, discriminatory laws or endemic poverty. It was just one big Karen moment because they didn't want to follow basic rules:pachaha:

I'm not defending the British Empire, they were some of the worst and most flagrant political entities to grace the world but if the Thirteen Colonies remained just colonies, what we call the United States may be at least at a slightly better state today. Sort of like Canada or Australia and definitely not a superpower.

Last edited:

SupremexKing

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC/DOHA
phtvrs8s8w2qbwe.gif

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If the Revolution never happened, life would've be the same for the vast majority of people. African slaves would still be abuse. Natives would still be genocided off their land. Everyday cac colonists will still cac.

Only the rich landowners would really be affected and even then they would be probably pay a tiny increase of taxes.

The Patriots didn't have any real complaints other than tax increases and such. It was not like Algeria, Indonesia, Vietnam or Angola where the colonizing forces were oppressing them with ethnic cleansing, mass rape, discriminatory laws or endemic poverty. It was just one big Karen moment because they didn't want to follow basic rules:pachaha:

I'm not defending the British Empire, they were some of the worst and most flagrant political entities to grace the world but if the Thirteen Colonies remained just colonies, what we call the United States may be at least at a slightly better state today. Sort of like Canada or Australia and definitely not a superpower.

Off topic, this is why the CAC tears and BS about BLM is so whack to me. The revolution the celebrate had patriots (rioters) throwing tea in the Boston Harbor (looting and destroying) before they engaged in literal warfare...over taxes.

Meanwhile Black people can't take a knee for 15s to protest getting murdered and manslaughtered

:dead:

That's before we even get to this year's protests

SupremexKing

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC/DOHA
Something other than Tariq not encouraging people to vote

you're basically babbling about one form of white supremacy being better than another. this isn't ground breaking conversation. the "patriot" complaint was about taxation without representation, not tax increases.

Algeria, Indonesia, Vietnam or Angola are all nonwhite countries that were being oppressed by white supremacists.

also, people participating in an inept system and not being given (proper) representation is the issue, not necessarily voting.

I'm not sure how telling people maybe you should sit this one out since you aren't really being given anything, is so horrifying.

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
you're basically babbling about one form of white supremacy being better than another. this isn't ground breaking conversation. the "patriot" complaint was about taxation without representation, not tax increases.

Algeria, Indonesia, Vietnam or Angola are all nonwhite countries that were being oppressed by white supremacists.

also, people participating in an inept system and not being given (proper) representation is the issue, not necessarily voting.

I'm not sure how telling people maybe you should sit this one out since you aren't really being given anything, is so horrifying.
I just said the British Empire was/is trash too. I know it ain't ground breaking conversation, it's just interesting discussion on history. I know taxation without representation was their main complaint, I'm just saying it was not needed to fight a war and kill thousands of people over something more protesting and petitioning wouldv'e accomplished.

God, you can never please the Coli crowd:snoop:

SupremexKing

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC/DOHA
I just said the British Empire was/is trash too. I know it ain't ground breaking conversation, it's just interesting discussion on history. I know taxation without representation was their main complaint, I'm just saying it was not needed to fight a war and kill thousands of people over something more protesting and petitioning wouldv'e accomplished.

i was joking with the gif but you attempted to come at me sideways with the tariq comment.

"protesting" and "petitioning" is weak, neoliberal, passive garbage. there is no point in history where "protesting" and petitioning" got more done than men going in the field and putting in work for what they believe in.

competing ideologies leads to bloodshed. period. this is the way of the world. complaining and begging means nothing. this is something black people need to learn.

you cannot point to a single period in history where protesting and begging led to revolution. reform is a band-aid before revolution.

SupremexKing

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC/DOHA

i was joking with the gif but you attempted to come at me sideways with the tariq comment.

"protesting" and "petitioning" is weak, neoliberal, passive garbage. there is no point in history where "protesting" and petitioning" got more done than men going in the field and putting in work for what they believe in.

competing ideologies leads to bloodshed. period. this is the way of the world. complaining and begging means nothing. this is something black people need to learn.

you cannot point to a single period in history where protesting and begging led to revolution. reform is a band-aid before revolution.

Superstar
Daps

Yes you can, tf?
:gucci:

:lolbron:for the sake of argument

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
If the Revolution never happened, life would've be the same for the vast majority of people. African slaves would still be abuse. Natives would still be genocided off their land. Everyday cac colonists will still cac.

tenor.gif