Rebel Moon | Netflix | 12/23/2023

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Zack Snyder Sets Next Movie, Sci-Fi Adventure ‘Rebel Moon’ At Netflix – The Hollywood Reporter

The story is set in motion when a peaceful colony on the edge of the galaxy is threatened by the armies of a tyrannical regent named Balisarius. Desperate people dispatch a young woman with a mysterious past to seek out warriors from neighboring planets to help them make a stand.

“This is me growing up as an Akira Kurosawa fan, a Star Wars fan,” Snyder tells The Hollywood Reporter. “It’s my love of sci-fi and a giant adventure. My hope is that this also becomes a massive IP and a universe that can be built out.”

Rebel finds the germs of its origins in a Star Wars pitch the filmmaker had developed a decade ago. It was a more mature take on the universe created by George Lucas and didn’t move beyond any meaningful conversations after the Walt Disney Company acquired LucasFilm in 2012. At one point, he and Newman even went down the path of making it a series.

But it was as a feature that he felt its true potential lay. He began reworking the idea with Johnstad and really dove in at the same time as he began making Army of the Dead, bringing in that movie’s co-scribe, Hatten. The latter, at 27, had quietly become an in-demand franchise writer, deepening the world of John Wick for Lionsgate by working on the third and upcoming fourth and fifth installments.

“I’ve spent the last two or three years building out this universe. Every corner has to be painted in. I’ve been doing designs, constantly drawing and really cultivating its fertile ground to make this world fully realized.”

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Snyder making his own version of Battle Beyond the Stars...I can dig it.
tumblr_lgfb8bMm2q1qzr8nao1_500.gif

Max.

Banned
WOAT
Daps

The story synopsis for Netflix’s Rebel Moon has been revealed by The Hollywood Reporter. As revealed, the movie is heavily inspired by Star Wars and used to be a Star Wars pitch a decade ago.

The story is set in motion when a peaceful colony on the edge of the galaxy is threatened by the armies of a tyrannical regent named Balisarius. Desperate, the colonists dispatch a young woman with a mysterious past to seek out warriors from neighboring planets to help them make a stand.

Additional plot information for the movie was released in November 2021:

“The film is set in a peaceful colony on the edge of the galaxy that finds itself threatened by the armies of the tyrannical Regent Balisarius. They dispatch a young woman with a mysterious past to seek out warriors from neighboring planets to help them take a stand the Tyrant.”

Max.

Banned
WOAT
Daps
About a decade ago, Rebel Moon was originally a Star Wars pitch developed by Zack Snyder. It would be a more mature take on the universe created by George Lucas and didn’t move beyond meaningful conversations after The Walt Disney Co. acquired Lucasfilm in 2012. Ironically, as we saw years later, a slightly more mature take on the universe would be the very thing to revitalize the franchise in The Mandalorian.

At one point, Snyder and Newman, who was behind Narcos and Narcos Mexico, went down the path of making it into a series, but it was ultimately decided to make Rebel Moon a feature film, on which Snyder was actively working the past few years:

“I’ve spent the last two or three years building out this universe. Every corner has to be painted in. I’ve been doing designs, constantly drawing and really cultivating its fertile ground to make this world fully realized.”

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
As long as Zack Snyder is alive and kicking, Ray Fisher is going to always have a job regardless of who he pisses off at Warner Brothers.
They cool like that? I met Ray at my old job in a comic shop on the humble. Real nice guy.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
They cool like that? I met Ray at my old job in a comic shop on the humble. Real nice guy.
Yeah. Supposedly they got super tight after Snyder cast him as Cyborg and before Snyder left Justice League.
I see Fisher as being part of the unofficial Zack Snyder repertory Company like how Frank Darabont, Mike Flanagan and Ryan Murphy use the same handful of actors in roles in most of their projects.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Yeah. Supposedly they got super tight after Snyder cast him as Cyborg and before Snyder left Justice League.
I see Fisher as being part of the unofficial Zack Snyder repertory Company like how Frank Darabont, Mike Flanagan and Ryan Murphy use the same handful of actors in roles in most of their projects.
Plus he wrote a justice league movie and put ray front and center as the heart of the film over more well known characters. Both zack and ray seem cool as shyt