Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
Are most American civilians prepared for Guerrilla warfare like the kids were in Red Dawn?

America has more guns than any other nation in the world – and that number continues to grow each year. After fighting for their independence, the founding fathers enshrined Americans’ right to firearms in the Second Amendment. This spirit of personal freedom and liberty has carried down through the years and is evident in America’s gun culture today.

Because of this Constitutionally guaranteed right, Americans own more guns per capita than any other country.

ef36006c87a27d2027455e52a7f1d45a.jpg

5 Million More Americans Became Gun Owners During Pandemic

Dec. 21, 2021

By Amy Norton HealthDay Reporter

(HEALTHDAY)

TUESDAY, Dec. 21, 2021 (HealthDay News) -- The COVID-19 pandemic has triggered a surge in new gun owners across the U.S., a new study finds.

The data shows that between January 2020 and April 30 of this year, 5.1 million Americans bought their first guns, following 2.4 million who did so in 2019.

The numbers are concerning, experts said, because when guns are brought into a home for the first time, everyone who lives there is newly exposed to the risks — including accidents, homicide and suicide.

Early on in the pandemic, signs emerged that Americans were "panic buying" firearms. Federal figures showed a surge in background checks, while some online firearm retailers reported soaring sales, according to Giffords, a gun-violence prevention group.

Only two formal studies, published in medical journals, have examined the issue. And neither looked at first-time gun buying before the pandemic, for a comparison.

The new study — published online Dec. 21 in Annals of Internal Medicine — did just that.

And the researchers found that 2020 did indeed see a surge in overall gun buying: An estimated 16.6 million U.S. adults bought a firearm, compared to 13.8 million in 2019.

Most of those buyers already had a gun in the home, said lead researcher Dr. Matthew Miller, a professor at Northeastern University in Boston. But owing to that overall spike, the absolute number of first-time buyers rose as well.

In 2019, 2.4 million Americans became new gun owners — a figure that swelled to 3.8 million in 2020.

Miller said tracking trends in new gun ownership is important, because it offers a picture of how many people may be newly exposed to the hazards of having a gun in the home.

Gun Sales Finally Decline in January 2022 From Recent Record Pace
Just under 1.3 million firearms were sold in January 2022, a decrease from more than two million guns during the same time period a year ago.

Hypothetically speaking would most people be ready if Russia and their allies tried anything on over here?

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Owning guns don’t mean knowing how to use them. A lot of Americans own and have no clue what they are doing. Not to mention it’s a whole different ball game when nikkas shooting back at you and not eating grass in a pasture.
yeah but you'd be surprised how many of them do own them and know how to use them.

i know or know of way too many people whose only hobby is buying more guns and going to the gun range during their time off.

i'm glad we armed and shyt, but i swear something about the power of letting of rounds consumes some peoples minds completely and they know nothing else.

shyt is low key weird to me when it gets that bad. :scust:

i own my gun for protection, not as a hobby, but i do know how to use it.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah but you'd be surprised how many of them do own them and know how to use them.

i know or know of way too many people whose only hobby is buying more guns and going to the gun range during their time off.

i'm glad we armed and shyt, but i swear something about the power of letting of rounds consumes some peoples minds completely and they know nothing else.

shyt is low key weird to me when it gets that bad. :scust:

i own my gun for protection, not as a hobby, but i do know how to use it.

Knowing how to a shoot a gun and knowing how to fight with a gun are two different things

and yes people will be ready to fight a ground invasion, because in these situations you have no choice its too late, they already attacking there's nothing else you can do

but Americans are soft and would be quick to back down, if the US military was taking losses and needed the civilains for help, Americans have low moral, low pride, and are too divided to fight back against overwhelming odds

if the military was in control of the situation they'd be more gunho, if the military was losing ground and foreingers had seized the capital or descending the capital, these muthafukaz would surrender

Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
shyt already left over here every day on my ring notifications multiple shooting as for red dawn type of scenario I need to brush up on tac though it will suck by urself though
Yeah current events are kinda reminding me of things I might have to get back into also. My grandfather use to take me and my cousins out into the woods and let us shoot but that was so long ago I wouldn't know what to do now Lmao