Remember when National Geographic was actually educational

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
Right as u was done watching Arthur or Ghost Writer on PBS and was ready to take your ass outside and play (because thats what kids use to do). Boom this intro pop up and you're all like :krs:

This lions name is "He who greets with fire" :ooh:

I been on youtube watching these childhood classics :to:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
They went full conservative overnight. That switch was insane it threw me off as a kid when it happened because that used be my favorite channel.

I used to love how they reconstructed disasters and events.

Good thing i was smart enough to recognize bs conspiracy theories from real stories

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
Ice road truckers aint going to film themselves :mjlol:
you're talking about a specific channel. Nat geo was a series on pbs.

They went full conservative overnight. That switch was insane it threw me off as a kid when it happened because that used be my favorite channel.

I used to love how they reconstructed disasters and events.

Good thing i was smart enough to recognize bs conspiracy theories from real stories
you also might be referring to discovery channel. Tho there is now a nat geo channel, it is true of how they have gone away from what made them so great. BBC has now taken the mantle with their production of planet earth etc. Amazing as it is, still cant top what nat geo did pre internet.

They were an actual educational programming channel. They used to show everything from nature to modern technology to sex education on there real informative shyt.. and then reality TV and TMZ came through in the 00's and they switched up for sensationalism and ratings.
they need to change the name of that channel because it is counterintuitive.

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Remember when TLC was The Learning Channel?

Yep.... it's been almost 20 years since they changed its programming. Them and the discovery channel. I used to watch trauma in the er on Tuesday or Monday nights in the late mid, late 90s, early 2000s. Used to watch justice files and that forensic show back in the mid to late 90s on discovery as well. That was a good time with the shows. Dope shyt. There were so much informative shyt. Not anymore. Now it's just attention whoring.

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They were an actual educational programming channel. They used to show everything from nature to modern technology to sex education on there real informative shyt.. and then reality TV and TMZ came through in the 00's and they switched up for sensationalism and ratings.

Yep, the learning channel was my shyt. I remembered when they straight dummied up the programming. The last good show I saw in there was the teenager brain. That was like 2002. I remember that distinctly because my cousins, my brother and me watched that shyt together. It was a Saturday night too

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
When my teachers popped in that VHS and the orchestra started playing the intro music

:banderas:

I've never seen a boring Nat Geo video. Had the whole class captivated. Could make learning about lint interesting if they really wanted to.

Top 10 theme too

They still have some interesting documentaries and shows here and there, but it's definitely not the same

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Same with the history channel

The history channel kind of those show history though. Miss modern marvels though and the engineering disasters though. The last good show on that shyt was some history of sex show that was on like 7 years ago.

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
Nat Geo Wild still has some legit nature shows

But yeah the other edutainment channels went full retard and are mostly just "redneck has unusual job"

Can't lie tho "My 600 lb life" really satisfies that morbid curiosity tho :ehh: