remember years ago when Style and Jada destroyed 50 Cent ?

Max Goonberg

Superstar
Daps
Yea but we're not talking about sales. We're talking about people in the hood who fukked with 50 and thought nikka's couldn't fukk with him on some battle shyt. A rap artist can sell a ton of records and still be looked at as corny (Flo-rida, Hammer, Pitbull...). Lox never sold that much as a group, or as solo artists, but them G-Unit disses are legendary in the streets. It played a part of the downfall.

The Lox beef hurt 50's image with an important part of his fan demographic...hood nikkas. Can't disregard how the streets looked at them after that beef. But at the end of the day you're right...it's all 50s fault. He was putting out weaker music at this time. On the street level and the mainstream level.
Copy. As far as reputation in my original post I wasn't talking street rap fans I meant the streets litterally. Diss songs don't change a nikka history and the work he put in especially if the nikkas rapping ain't as reputable as you. But otherwise I agree fam salute.

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
The mixtapes Lox made we’re everywhere, not many cared for the radio stuff. I remember he challenged him to a battle for a million dollars at MSG.

Mega

Superstar
Daps
nikkas in here in denial :mjlol:

Part of G-Unit's appeal was 50's reputation as some unbeatable, scary, street boogeyman and The Lox ended that. Them nikkas was saying some of the wildest and most disrespectful shyt about them and G-Unit, in 50s own town, never touched them. It opened up the floodgates of rappers shyttin on them (Game, Cassidy, Cam, Fat Joe, etc...). nikkas was sttaight clowning them. This beef was definitely a part of the start of G-Unit's downfall because it hurt their

"Take a piss in your Formula 50, drink it, nikka.

Get shot out them Reeboks nikka.

Got shot and ain't shoot none back, you'se a biatch nikka."

:dead:

Last edited:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
People talk about record sales on some pop star shyt. So by that logic, if Britney Spears was battling Curtis in that era, she would have won easily.

Curtis stans, like delusional hoes, want their "Pac in a Business Suit" BS where their favorite artist is some Thanos type shyt where he got both the streets and industry locked down. There is no humanly possible way you can do both for long, and Curtis got caught slipping.

Why else was G Unit finished by the end of 2006? Why else did Kanye son him so bad in 07?

Sean7

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t know, it seems after he stopped Ja’s run the music he was making was in comparison to his and it watered down everything he was doing. He couldn’t do the same thing he did to Ja to guys like Game, Lox, Joe, GZA, Nas, Ross & Cam. Even the diss songs he made weren’t clicking like the older disses he made. He couldn’t even respond to Paper Plates cause he thought he could respond to rappers that sell but after that he started to flop.
Shyne got him too on that For The Record song... As you said at that time the flood gates were open. The other artists you mention were getting at him as well and he had no response really, Game was dropped a million bars and so on and Cam made Curtis etc., heads were going at him heavy around 04-05.

Fresh

New York Knicks
Daps
even though I started this thread as a battle thread, I'm happy The LOX are getting their props and flowers in here

plus the LOX been rapping forever and they never fell off with their talent

their longevity and perseverance should definitely be appreciated, because most rappers that try to last that long fall off

Last edited:

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
Shyne got him too on that For The Record song... As you said at that time the flood gates were open. The other artists you mention were getting at him as well and he had no response really, Game was dropped a million bars and so on and Cam made Curtis etc., heads were going at him heavy around 04-05.

I forgot about that Shyne record, it was a good diss song too. He was also hopping on Usher’s Confessions Remix too. Way too many rappers were coming after them they couldn’t keep up on wax.

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
People talk about record sales on some pop star shyt. So by that logic, if Britney Spears was battling Curtis in that era, she would have won easily.

Curtis stans, like delusional hoes, want their "Pac in a Business Suit" BS where their favorite artist is some Thanos type shyt where he got both the streets and industry locked down. There is no humanly possible way you can do both for long, and Curtis got caught slipping.

Why else was G Unit finished by the end of 2006? Why else did Kanye son him so bad in 07?

They were entertained by the taunting more than the music. All those guys were dropping diss after diss and all they brought up was sales until he flopped himself and the gimmicks were over. It was so bad that Rick Ross won a rap battle against the boogeyman, even after the whole C.O. thing.