Renzel Remixes Disc 1 REMOVED on Datpiff by Jeremy Banks?!?

MusicConsulting

All Star
Daps
:ohhh: So I was wondering waht happened to Renzel Remixes disc 1, I thought it was just buried under other releases or shuffled around. What happened is a curious complaint by Jeremy Banks that reads the following when you try to click on the link:
"Renzel Remixes (Disc 1)" has been removed
A complaint was filed by Jeremy Banks

"

Who the hell is Jeremy Banks? Apparently he's a pretty powerful individual regarding the internet & music industry.
portrait_jeremy_banks.jpg

Jeremy Banks
DIRECTOR, ANTI-PIRACY
Jeremy Banks is Director, Anti-Piracy at IFPI. He coordinates IFPI’s global anti-piracy operations, working closely with its major and independent record company members and its affiliated industry associations around the world. Banks is instrumental in developing IFPI’s ongoing anti-piracy strategy and works to develop the organisation’s relationships with law enforcement agencies worldwide. He has more than 20 years’ experience in the information security and anti-piracy sector. Prior to joining IFPI in 2000, he worked for Novell Ltd’s information security division.

What is the IFPI?

IFPI is the voice of the recording industry worldwide. We represent the interests of 1,300 record companies from across the globe.

IFPI is a not-for-profit international organisation registered in Switzerland. We have offices in London, Brussels, Hong Kong and Miami plus a representative office in Beijing.

57Countries with IFPI affiliated national groups or music licensing companies
61Markets where our member companies operate

• PROMOTING THE VALUE OF RECORDED MUSIC
    Its economic value in creating growth, jobs and investment and its cultural value to society and in people’s lives.

• mission-2.png

CAMPAIGNING FOR THE RIGHTS OF RECORD PRODUCERS
    We work to make sure that the rights of our members, who create, produce and invest in music, are properly protected and enforced.

• mission-3.png

EXPANDING THE COMMERCIAL USES OF RECORDED MUSIC
    Working to help our members license and generate commercial value for music through every available channel across the world.

Anyone else run into this person? Apparently a lot of people on the web have crossed paths and faced his wrath of take downs on their web sites with this organization IFPI.. Anyone want to guess what song made them take down the whole disc? Could they do this because of "In the Club remix" :francis:

Here's a little background on IFPI, you can mute the audio and just read the text while watching the video. Some people may object to the music. :yeshrug:

MusicConsulting

All Star
Daps
wtf.. havent had a chance to listen to this tape yet
Well, i wont say you are missing that much, mainly promo remixes, Chuck D is on the intro w/ his monologue, maybe the PE track has too many damn samples in it that they played in the intro? That seems crazy though to be able to have a takedown for a mixtape for a PE track that is just played in the intro for a little bit. :whoo:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
Well, i wont say you are missing that much, mainly promo remixes, Chuck D is on the intro w/ his monologue, maybe the PE track has too many damn samples in it that they played in the intro? That seems crazy though to be able to have a takedown for a mixtape for a PE track that is just played in the intro for a little bit. :whoo:
PE's stuff was done well before the sample verdict.

MusicConsulting

All Star
Daps
PE's stuff was done well before the sample verdict.
I'm aware that PE was before that, I think some people have grudges in the industry & don't want to see sampling like that happen again with that kind of visibility. They pull it because they can without being specific what they are pulling or have to explain. Beasties, Dela and Public Enemy made everyone lose their damn mind and the industry is paranoid of artists sampling with that kind of freedom again.

Maybe Adele's people did it? :russ:

MusicConsulting

All Star
Daps
They don't take into fact that Ross hoppin on some of these beats gets the original song more attention/play
Looking at the tracklisting, I can only see a few examples of how they could pull it.

The Adele one is probably something the label doesn't want out there. Maybe they just have a bot program that has instant tapes removed with anything that says "Adele" :yeshrug:

VanVanCity

I pass on the syrup and welcome the chronic
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Looking at the tracklisting, I can only see a few examples of how they could pull it.

The Adele one is probably something the label doesn't want out there. Maybe they just have a bot program that has instant tapes removed with anything that says "Adele" :yeshrug:
And it was getting played on the radio