Rep. Jim Jordan accused of helping sexual abusers

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Yahoo is now part of Oath

Multiple former Ohio State wrestlers have gone on the record accusing Jim Jordan, a prominent Republican Congressman from Ohio, of turning a blind eye to alleged sexual abuse by Dr. Richard Strauss, a longtime Ohio State team doctor.

In April, Ohio State announced an investigation into allegations of sexual misconduct against Strauss, who died in 2005 at age 67, after one alleged victim came forward saying he and other athletes were abused by Strauss “from the mid-1970s to the 1990s.” Jordan, an assistant coach for the Buckeyes from 1986 to 1994, has denied having any knowledge of the alleged abuse.

However, several of his former wrestlers told NBC News that they have a hard time believing that to be the case.

Three former wrestlers told NBC News that it was common knowledge that Strauss showered regularly with the students and inappropriately touched them during appointments, and said it would have been impossible for Jordan to be unaware; one wrestler said he told Jordan directly about the abuse.

Former head coach Russ Hellickson, Jordan’s mentor, said in a recent video — made by Mike DiSabato, a former wrestler — that Hellickson had told Strauss that he was being too “hands on” with students. DiSabato, whose allegations against Strauss prompted Ohio State to open its investigation, called Jordan a “liar.”

“I considered Jim Jordan a friend,” DiSabato said. “But at the end of the day, he is absolutely lying if he says he doesn’t know what was going on.”

If you don't know who Jim Jordan is, it's this guy

He accuses Rosenstein of hiding information and now Jordan is accused of hiding information about sexual abuse. Oh how the wheel turns.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Just goes to show what kind of compartment and leverage is being held over these guys

You suppressed a multi decade sexual abuse scandal and who knows what else. There's no one to blame but yourself.

Take yourself out of the gene pool already.

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
fukk Jim Jordan. Dude is a power hungry a$$hole who lies through his teeth and wants to take away health coverage from his poor constituents. I would assume that he’s lying about not knowing as well.

I’ve been a part of the wrestling community for years and I always remember how conservative many wrestlers/coaches/fans are when anything divisive happens.

There are countless people on wrestling forums arguing to death that these accusations are false because conservative are targets by the media now. This shyt really is breathtaking to watch. These same people would never hesitate to call obama or Clinton guilty yet here we are.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Ozymandias @Great Scott why aren't you two all over this story? :jbhmm:
See I was going to take this post seriously until I remembered you called Jack Johnson a human trafficker now I gotta assume everything you co-sign is drivel, DUDE!
hogan.gif