Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
The president of Haiti was assassinated at home
https://www.businessinsider.com/author/alexandra-ma

60e57ab9c03e9c0018ab2283

Haitian President Jovenel Moïse
Metin Aktas/Anadolu Agency via Getty Images
  • Jovenel Moïse was killed by a group of assailants at his home early Wednesday morning.
  • The government did not identify the perpetrators, but said they were speaking Spanish.
  • The first lady was also injured by gunshot.
Newsletter

The serving president of Haiti was assassinated at his home early Wednesday morning, the government said.

Jovenel Moïse was killed in his private residence in Port-au-Prince around 1 a.m. local time Wednesday by a group of assailants, Haitian Prime Minister Claude Joseph said in a Wednesday statement. The first lady was also injured by gunshot, the statement said.

Joseph was now in charge of the country, Agence France-Presse reported.

Joseph's statement did not identify the assailants, but said they were Spanish-speaking.

The attack followed years of protests against Moïse's government, and calls for his resignation. Moïse has served as Haiti's president since February 2017.

Joseph described the attack as "odious, inhumane, and barbarous."

Last edited:

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
On 7 July 2021, Moise was killed when gunmen attacked his residence. Martine Joseph, The First Lady remains in hospital due to wounds sustained during the attack.

I dont know whether to celebrate or be nervous.... It might be karmic justice or he might have been removed to open the door for bigger demons.

The country is upside down.....shyt breaks my heart.

But I feel no pity for him.... He sat by and watched as the citizens got murdered and terrorized and massacred under his administration.

fukk him.

U.S.-funded piece of shyt.