RIP to him and Virgil

I didn’t know Jamie Lee Curtis had a tv show back in the day

Grand Cru Boo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk New Yawk
I don’t mess with too many white comedians but Richard Lewis was special. Remind me of so many cats I grew up with in NY, just rough and gruff on the outside but kindhearted and will give you the shirt off their back (so as I).

RIP

Legend for sure

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
:rip: Richard Lewis, gave us one last classic episode before going :to:

Rick Fox at UNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Boys
Hate to see talented minds passing away, but its especially painful to see comedians from a certain era of NY or Boston comedy pass away.

From the first season of Curb, he displayed amazing chemistry with Larry and some of the best jokes in those early episodes came from their ability to improv together.

"By sundown? What are you Gary Cooper, by sundown? Is a posse gonna come get me."
"Look at you, you look like the Jewish Ratso Rizzo."
"You were like Pat Buchanan's golf partner out there."
"What is this Roots? What do you mean auctioned off?"

His presence on the show helped further a comedic style--very New York, very Jewish--first introduced by Mad About You, Everybody Loves Raymond, and of course, Seinfeld. Curb has a sort of avant-garde sensibility to it, combining the best elements of improv comedy, often considered rough and unfunny, with the New York style witticisms and comedic vernacular unique to that era of Jewish comedians.

Do to their worldliness, their humor was tampered with a sort of insightfulness born from growing up in a 20th century post-WWII American metropolis.

It really is the case that something of our understand of the world is lost when these brilliant minds are no longer.

Updated RIP List
Patrice O'Neal
Norm MacDonald
Greg Giraldo
Bob Einstein
Richard Lewis