Richard Pryor Mafia Joke

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Red Foxx is not a technically good stand up comedian. He's in the same lane as Katt Williams and Mike Epps. He was just a naturally funny dude.

59:40 mark
Chris Rock on Red Foxx

Chris Rock is "technically" the best comedian of all time

Doesn't mean he's in Dave Chappelle's league though

Bugsmoran

Double HipHop O.G.
Daps
Chris Rock is "technically" the best comedian of all time

Doesn't mean he's in Dave Chappelle's league though
Dave Chappells style of comedy appeals to more white people.

I have seen Chris Rock rip the Apollo theatre in Harlem to shreds. Dave Chappell might not get the same response at the Apollo than he did doing his special in San Fransico

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Dave Chappells style of comedy appeals to more white people.

I have seen Chris Rock rip the Apollo theatre in Harlem to shreds. Dave Chappell might not get the same response at the Apollo than he did doing his special in San Fransico

Dave Chappelle been on the Apollo many times in the 90s and killed. Plus his stand up "Killing me Softly" is received real well in the black community

Funny you bring up Chris Rock with the "black people love him more angle". Cause Rock said himself he had sub par reception at apollo or most black. He he had to change his comedic style a little. nikka said he was scared to go after Martin, Cedric the Entertainer, and Bernie Mac :mjlol:

Bugsmoran

Double HipHop O.G.
Daps
Funny you bring up Chris Rock with the "black people love him more angle". Cause Rock said himself he had sub par reception at apollo or most black. He he had to change his comedic style a little. nikka said he was scared to go after Martin, Cedric the Entertainer, and Bernie Mac :mjlol:
And that's when Chris Rock became a better stand up comic than everybody else imo

After he studied the emergence of the HipHop comedians. He started taking his craft more serious after getting blown out on stage by Martin

Like u said Rock is technically the best that's because he does his homework. What make Chappell great is he just does him.. but it is a fact that Chappell style of comedy appeals a lot more to white people than black people... ain't nothing wrong with that at all. I just bring that up when comparing who's better between Rock and Chappell to show how Chris Rock is more versatile

If Stand Up specials was rap albums than Chris Rock - Bring the Pain would be the Illmatic of specials

Richard Pryor live on sunset would be Paid In Full

Chappell - killing me softly is a great title because I would compare it to Fugees - the Score.

Last edited: