Richest Boxers - Promoters in the Sport

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Not sure how accurate it is for some fighters but its good to see some old time fighters still making bank. I doubt's that accurate if they listed Canelo twice on the list.

http://www.therichest.com/celebnetworth/category/athletes/boxer/?sort=net

1. Floyd Mayweather, Jr. - $415 Million
  2. Michael Buffer - $400 Million
  3. Manny Pacquiao - $265 Million
  4. George Foreman - $250 Million
  5. Bob Arum - $200 Million
  6. Oscar De La Hoya - $200 Million
  7. Don King - $150 Million
  8. Lennox Lewis - $140 Million
  9. Sugar Ray Leonard - $120 Million
  10. Muhammad Ali - $80 Million
  11. Vitali Klitschko - $65 Million
  12. Marvin Hagler - $45 Million
  13. Roy Jones Jr - $45 Million

Click on the link to see the complete list of 60 people

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah list doesn't seem that accurate but it seems like they already updated it for the May - Pac fight.

I'm saying they was saying Floyd was worth that same amount before the manny fight

and Oscar was at 200 million in the forbes like 5 years ago

None of these list really hold any weight to be honest

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Speaking of Forbes they did a story of my GOAT a few months back.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/winniesun/2015/03/09/royjonesjr/

Roy Jones Jr.: World Title Holder, Mentor And Life Planner

For some people, it takes years to find a true calling. Others never find one at all. But Roy Jones, Jr. discovered his when he was just 5-years old.

During a recent interview in Venice Beach, Calif., to discuss his multifaceted career, Jones, Jr. told me he vividly recalls watching Muhammad Ali fight Joe Frazier in 1974. It was a rematch of “The Fight of the Century,” held three years earlier in which Frazier dealt Ali his first professional loss against the backdrop of a culturally and politically divided nation that was still trying to grapple with the Vietnam War, not to mention Ali’s famous refusal to fight in it.

The stakes for the second fight were not nearly as great. Not only had public opinion about the war started to shift but both fighters were past their prime years. Still, something about Ali’s performance that night appealed to Jones. His flamboyant style and approach made him want to become a boxer.

“I can do that,” Jones, Jr. told me he remembers thinking to himself.

Looking back, what Jones admires most about Ali, aside from the courage it took to relinquish his heavyweight crown in favor of his political and religious beliefs, was his ability to outsmart his opponents. At one time, Ali possessed a devastating combination of quickness and strength. But by 1974 those attributes were gone, and no one knew this better than Ali himself.

So he had to rely more on his mind as he got older. In the weeks leading up to the second fight, Ali continuously goaded Frazier and took several verbal shots at him via the press. While Ali had employed such tactics many times before, Jones said this time around his words had a singular purpose: To unhinge Frazier.

“The more irrational you make your opponent, the more control you have over him in the ring,” said Jones. “He knew what he was doing, and I respected that.”

Ray Robinson and one-time training partner Lennox Lewis. But, ultimately, it was Ali who had the most impact on his professional career. Thus, much like Ali, he had the same objective going into nearly every fight: Make the opponent as angry and frustrated as possible.
Jones Jr.’s career speaks for itself. The boy who at 5-years old knew that he wanted to be a professional boxer turned himself into an Olympic medalist, a belt holder in four different weight classes and at one-time the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world, according to nearly everyone who followed the sport closely, including the Boxing Writers Association of America, which named him “Fighter of the Decade” during the 1990s.

But Jones, Jr.’s professional pursuits haven’t been limited to the ring. He’s released two hip hop albums and a featured single, ‘Can’t Be Touched,’ which has received over 63 million views on YouTube; appeared in six movies, including ‘Matrix Reloaded’; provided analysis for ‘HBO Boxing’; and also played semi-pro basketball. More recently, he’s become more serious about training young boxers and his fight promotion business, Roy Jones Jr. Boxing Promotions, a joint venture with Keith Veltre.

And while there’s no question that he’s made enough money over the years to ease comfortably into retirement, Jones, Jr. has no such plans.

“I never stop,” he told me. “I’ll never truly retire, because my mind is always on go.”

After getting the opportunity to speak with Jones, Jr., I couldn’t help but think that his life provides a few helpful lessons for those in our industry. For one, his interests are very well diversified. But so are his various businesses. Whether it’s boxing, fight promotion, music, acting or announcing, he’s developed a wide array of skills.

That serves as a good reminder for advisors and investors who might get tempted to put all their eggs in one proverbial basket. Jones, Jr. was the best boxer in the world at one time, but he managed to stay on balance. Advisors and clients need take the same approach regarding their investment strategy.

promotion, it’s clear that Jones, Jr. has dedicated the next phase of his life to mentoring younger people. This includes his 23-year old twin boys, who are also in the music business. Advisors – but especially parents – should take heed: Educating the next generation about money and improving financial literacy starts at home. It’s never too early to start educating a child about finances. And, finally, since Jones, Jr. has developed a reputation for fairness within boxing circles, up-and-coming fighters want to work with him. When Roy Jones Jr. Boxing teams with young boxers, Jones, Jr. and Veltre make sure contract terms are transparent and equitable. It’s part of what separates them from other promoters. Sound familiar? It should. Advisors should always seek the same type of relationships with their own clients. Be transparent, respectful and fair, and you’ll never have trouble attracting business.