Rihanna's Clara Lionel Scholarship Recipient Destini Gibbs Graduated From Cornell University

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
DBqpMUiUIAAQREV

DBp9lluXoAAJvuF

The background story:

First, let me begin by saying that none of this would have been possible without the Clara Lionel Foundation. When I first got accepted to Cornell University I was very excited about the prospect of going there. I knew it would be difficult because of the high tuition cost. However, I could not have imagined the level of difficulty. It was really tough settling in that first semester and I felt as though that I would have to give up on my dream. Then the Clara Lionel Foundation came to my rescue and they have been with me ever since. They ensured that I didn’t have to worry all the time and allowed me to focus more on my studies. With the help of Spokesperson Towalame Austin, I was able to adjust to college and worry less. She went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure that I got funding, even when the system proved to be challenging.

The Clara Lionel Foundation and Rihanna have been a source of inspiration for me. They have been a guiding light, maneuvering me through many rough times. Rihanna’s generosity in giving me this scholarship provided me with a way to fulfill my dream, and she will do the same for you. With the CLF on your side, you will definitely be able to realize your dreams and you will be given many opportunities, just as I have been.

One of the many opportunities that I was afforded at Cornell was the chance to participate in various projects. This past semester, I worked on one that I am particularly proud of. I completed a class that explored the ethical issues in health and medicine. I learned about the complex matters that plague health care systems all across the world and gained a new perspective about ethical research. This course opened my eyes to the difficulties of distinguishing between issues that are of ethical concerns and those that are not. It truly gave meaning to the phrase “things are not always what they appear to be”.

During the semester, I spent time writing various position papers on current ethical dilemmas that we are facing today. One such problem dealt with the end of the antibiotic era and the new state of superbug resistance. The night that I came home from school, CNN brought over a news report highlighting the first resistance case that has occurred in the US. It was amazing to be able to use the knowledge I gained this semester to understand the significance of this problem. I found it rewarding to see first hand that the information given in class wasn’t confined to the walls of the auditorium it was given in.

This class culminated in a final paper that explored the concept of the global paradox and attempted to provide an answer as to whether or not international response is ethical. I am extremely proud of the growth in my writing from my first position paper to my final paper and my ability to tackle this complex issue in my prose.

Throughout my time in college and with the constant help of the Clara Lionel Foundation, I have been exposed to occasions that I otherwise would not have been. There have been many chances to become involved in various aspects of community life, whether it was helping my sorority raise funds for Relay for Life, or performing with my Rise Dance Group in nursing homes.

However, one of my greatest opportunities occurred at the end of last semester. I was offered a position as an undergraduate researcher in a lab in the department of molecular biology and genetics beginning this summer.I will begin working on my project which is aimed at understanding the gene expression methodologies integral to population genomic studies.

Specifically, I will be working on single-cell RNA sequencing that will allow for high-resolution observation of cell variation and examination of genomes of individual cells from 35 samples. If my experimentation is successful, my thesis will likely be published and my work will be recognized by the genetics and genomics community outside of Cornell.

I am extremely excited at the prospect of working on this project and hope to use its findings to contribute to the growing knowledge of genetic variation and drop-seq technology. Without CLF’s kind contribution, I would not have been at Cornell this semester to be exposed to this. They are giving me the opportunity to make a difference in the scientific community beyond the scope of college.

As a CLF scholar, I have been gained tremendous information from the lectures taught, and have also been able to grow from the numerous lessons that I have learnt. As a student at Cornell, I am learning that I should never give up. In striving to earn my bachelor’s degree from one of the most challenging schools in the country, I have been tested physically and mentally, many times over. I have spent countless hours studying for exams and pushing myself beyond the brink of exhaustion. However, I strongly believe that as individuals we cannot progress without sacrifice. There is no better feeling than receiving a good grade on a paper you worked on for weeks, or excelling on an exam that you devoted numerous hours studying for. While it can be extremely frustrating at times, the rewards provided by an amazing education are endless.

As a rising senior, I have taken courses that delve into the academia behind my career pursuit. While these classes are challenging, I work day in and day out to understand the material. Sometimes my efforts do not produce the results that I would like, but this does not mean I have failed or that I should give up. I get up again the next day and continue to work at overcoming the hurdle of a difficult class.

I dream of becoming a genetics counselor one day and I know that my desire for knowledge and my perseverance will get me there. I understand that the road to success is paved with humps and bumps, and it is not the struggle that defines you, but rather the success at the end of the journey. I look forward to reaching there and so will you.

To all those aspiring to be CLF scholars, I wish you the best of luck. Know that with Rihanna, Towalame, and the Clara Lionel Foundation, you not only CAN, but you WILL succeed!

http://claralionelfoundation.org/new...lobal-scholar/

destini-gibbs-and-mother4021-450x303.gif

DBqpB3bUQAERruC

Bet you won't see this on the blogs :francis: but she been giving back for a minute now. She does alot of shyt under the radar.

For those wondering this scholarship is for international applicants so if any of you know anyone from the following countries you can tell them about it or their relatives. I am sure someone on the coli knows someone who can benefit from this.

According to the program's site, each applicant must be a citizen or native of Brazil, Barbados, Cuba, Haiti, Grenada, Guyana, or Jamaica and has been accepted into an accredited four-year college or university for the entire 2016-2017 academic year. Once selected, the recipient may be eligible for $5,000 to $50,000 in scholarship money. Renewal of the award is contingent upon the student's academic performance, maintaining a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale. The award can be renewed every three years or until a bachelor's degree is met, depending on which occurs first.

^^^This part about the rules was in another site link from last year in 2016 so obviously ignore the 2016-2017 academic year part.

Real N Quotes

East Is In The House OMG
Daps
DBqpMUiUIAAQREV

DBp9lluXoAAJvuF

The background story:

First, let me begin by saying that none of this would have been possible without the Clara Lionel Foundation. When I first got accepted to Cornell University I was very excited about the prospect of going there. I knew it would be difficult because of the high tuition cost. However, I could not have imagined the level of difficulty. It was really tough settling in that first semester and I felt as though that I would have to give up on my dream. Then the Clara Lionel Foundation came to my rescue and they have been with me ever since. They ensured that I didn’t have to worry all the time and allowed me to focus more on my studies. With the help of Spokesperson Towalame Austin, I was able to adjust to college and worry less. She went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure that I got funding, even when the system proved to be challenging.

The Clara Lionel Foundation and Rihanna have been a source of inspiration for me. They have been a guiding light, maneuvering me through many rough times. Rihanna’s generosity in giving me this scholarship provided me with a way to fulfill my dream, and she will do the same for you. With the CLF on your side, you will definitely be able to realize your dreams and you will be given many opportunities, just as I have been.

One of the many opportunities that I was afforded at Cornell was the chance to participate in various projects. This past semester, I worked on one that I am particularly proud of. I completed a class that explored the ethical issues in health and medicine. I learned about the complex matters that plague health care systems all across the world and gained a new perspective about ethical research. This course opened my eyes to the difficulties of distinguishing between issues that are of ethical concerns and those that are not. It truly gave meaning to the phrase “things are not always what they appear to be”.

During the semester, I spent time writing various position papers on current ethical dilemmas that we are facing today. One such problem dealt with the end of the antibiotic era and the new state of superbug resistance. The night that I came home from school, CNN brought over a news report highlighting the first resistance case that has occurred in the US. It was amazing to be able to use the knowledge I gained this semester to understand the significance of this problem. I found it rewarding to see first hand that the information given in class wasn’t confined to the walls of the auditorium it was given in.

This class culminated in a final paper that explored the concept of the global paradox and attempted to provide an answer as to whether or not international response is ethical. I am extremely proud of the growth in my writing from my first position paper to my final paper and my ability to tackle this complex issue in my prose.

Throughout my time in college and with the constant help of the Clara Lionel Foundation, I have been exposed to occasions that I otherwise would not have been. There have been many chances to become involved in various aspects of community life, whether it was helping my sorority raise funds for Relay for Life, or performing with my Rise Dance Group in nursing homes.

However, one of my greatest opportunities occurred at the end of last semester. I was offered a position as an undergraduate researcher in a lab in the department of molecular biology and genetics beginning this summer.I will begin working on my project which is aimed at understanding the gene expression methodologies integral to population genomic studies.

Specifically, I will be working on single-cell RNA sequencing that will allow for high-resolution observation of cell variation and examination of genomes of individual cells from 35 samples. If my experimentation is successful, my thesis will likely be published and my work will be recognized by the genetics and genomics community outside of Cornell.

I am extremely excited at the prospect of working on this project and hope to use its findings to contribute to the growing knowledge of genetic variation and drop-seq technology. Without CLF’s kind contribution, I would not have been at Cornell this semester to be exposed to this. They are giving me the opportunity to make a difference in the scientific community beyond the scope of college.

As a CLF scholar, I have been gained tremendous information from the lectures taught, and have also been able to grow from the numerous lessons that I have learnt. As a student at Cornell, I am learning that I should never give up. In striving to earn my bachelor’s degree from one of the most challenging schools in the country, I have been tested physically and mentally, many times over. I have spent countless hours studying for exams and pushing myself beyond the brink of exhaustion. However, I strongly believe that as individuals we cannot progress without sacrifice. There is no better feeling than receiving a good grade on a paper you worked on for weeks, or excelling on an exam that you devoted numerous hours studying for. While it can be extremely frustrating at times, the rewards provided by an amazing education are endless.

As a rising senior, I have taken courses that delve into the academia behind my career pursuit. While these classes are challenging, I work day in and day out to understand the material. Sometimes my efforts do not produce the results that I would like, but this does not mean I have failed or that I should give up. I get up again the next day and continue to work at overcoming the hurdle of a difficult class.

I dream of becoming a genetics counselor one day and I know that my desire for knowledge and my perseverance will get me there. I understand that the road to success is paved with humps and bumps, and it is not the struggle that defines you, but rather the success at the end of the journey. I look forward to reaching there and so will you.

To all those aspiring to be CLF scholars, I wish you the best of luck. Know that with Rihanna, Towalame, and the Clara Lionel Foundation, you not only CAN, but you WILL succeed!

http://claralionelfoundation.org/new...lobal-scholar/

destini-gibbs-and-mother4021-450x303.gif

DBqpB3bUQAERruC

Bet you won't see this on the blogs :francis: but she been giving back for a minute now. She does alot of shyt under the radar.

For those wondering this scholarship is for international applicants so if any of you know anyone from the following countries you can tell them about it or their relatives. I am sure someone on the coli knows someone who can benefit from this.

According to the program's site, each applicant must be a citizen or native of Brazil, Barbados, Cuba, Haiti, Grenada, Guyana, or Jamaica and has been accepted into an accredited four-year college or university for the entire 2016-2017 academic year. Once selected, the recipient may be eligible for $5,000 to $50,000 in scholarship money. Renewal of the award is contingent upon the student's academic performance, maintaining a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale. The award can be renewed every three years or until a bachelor's degree is met, depending on which occurs first.

^^^This part about the rules was in another site link from last year in 2016 so obviously ignore the 2016-2017 academic year part.

:salute:

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
She's certainly heads and shoulders above other similar female artists in terms of philanthropy. :claud:

This could be HUGE if more and more people in the caribbean learn about this. And its not like some scholarships that ask for like a 4.0 GPA. Its a GPA where it can be easier for more people to be accepted

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
This needs to more pages. Congrats to her.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I salute Rihanna and the young lady ...

But Im out ... not enough fukkery :yeshrug:

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This needs to more pages. Congrats to her.

:mjlol:

This rihanna kissing white guy thread sums up the stupidity of these guys

Were ghost in a thread like this but was excited to make jokes how she a hoe and industry thot

Watch in the future though when she talks about this program even more when it expands they gonna say she trying to clean her rep up when she been doing it for years

She got the Canadian Prime Minister to retweet her the other day for a tweet she made on funding education and telling her he supports her...they wont talk about that though

I wish this site would really shut down. immature brats all over here

Last edited: