RIP: Earl Graves Sr. Founder of Black Enterprise Has Died at 85

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Shoutout to Earl Graves Sr. for spotlighting Reginald Lewis because if it wasn't for Black Enterprise, we would have never known that he had existed. :lolbron:
I have a 3 part post about the late E. Graves that covers subjects from that side discussion we had in the quote; stunting, J. Johnson, and R. Lewis.

Mr. Graves' son was a college football player, playing homecoming rivals as a senior. Earl happened to be closing a very lucrative deal at the time, and did not have the time to be driven back and forth to the game. Mon-Fri 9 to 5 business hours didn't apply to his line of work. Partly in the interest of time, and partly to stunt on the old money white parents who were also there to see their sons.......He
Mr. Graves and his wife took a helicopter to the game, and got permission to land in the MIDDLE of the football field before kickoff. Elegant Black couple steps out of copter.......go to sit down to watch their son , and after the game get driven to an official heliport to get flown back.

earlwife.jpg
====
6780-17.jpg

resolved conflict with John H. Johnson
2 pages, story starts a center of first page

Mr. Johnson proved that there were no hard feelings by putting him on the cover, proving that Earl Graves actually existed ..hehehe
earl-magic.jpg

===

resolved conflict with Reginald Lewis

Mr Graves realized that Mr Lewis was not the one. Mutual respect, covered him on his platform.
bereggie.jpg

Lewis copied the photo shoot from BE for his book cover,
whitecover.jpg

so Graves copied the book title for his own book.it's all love. heheheheh

bitecover.jpg

just jokes

REST IN PEACE to all of them.

Last edited:

invalid

Banned
Daps
I have a 3 part post about the late E. Graves that covers subjects from that side discussion we had in the quote; stunting, J. Johnson, and R. Lewis.

Mr. Graves' son was a college football player, playing homecoming rivals as a senior. Earl happened to closing a very lucrative deal at the time, and did not have the time to be driven back and forth to the game. Mon-Fri 9 to 5 business hours didn't apply to his line of work. Partly in the interest of time, and partly to stunt on the old money white parents who were also there to see their sons.......He
Mr. Graves and his wife took a helicopter to the game, and got permission to land in the MIDDLE of the football field before kickoff. Elegant Black couple steps out of copter.......go to sit down to watch their son , and after the game get driven to an official heliport to get flown back.

earlwife.jpg
====
vENQDSNx2jMydX-7tJ-exQuQDguKTZ_BPasMBqzIVieXYlYqJl_kvLIV6ZHF-zCbVhiL-gMQSNpNbiwq9sJPwsaOQ0k0W2LtUWNkGlaJ4OJ64xeOfg

resolved conflict with John H. Johnson
2 pages, story starts a center of first page

Mr. Johnson proved that there were no hard feelings by putting him on the cover, proving that Earl Graves actually existed ..hehehe
earl-magic.jpg

===

resolved conflict with Reginald Lewis

Mr Graves realized that Mr Lewis was not the one. Mutual respect, covered him on his platform.
bereggie.jpg

Lewis copied the photo shoot from BE for his book cover,
whitecover.jpg

so Graves copied the book title for his own book.it's all love. heheheheh

bitecover.jpg

just jokes

REST IN PEACE to all of them.

Good stuff. We need a whole thread dedicated just to black business stories......... :whoo:

earlwife.jpg

:whew:

And "stunting" stories. :ohlawd:

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
An outstanding legend and an inspiration. Every time I need a new supplier for my business I look at the B.E. 100 to see if a Black owned joint is there to use first. It has helped me several times.

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
what were some of his techniques breh

Learn by example.

ownership ownership ownership.

live below your means

they are not making any more land. It’s a finite resource. Invest in it

turn your pain into passion

Forgot one: the same people you see are your way up are the same ppl you see on your way down.