Essential RIP Pernell "Sweet Pea" Whitaker 1964-2019

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I was stationed in Portsmouth, in drydock, around the time Whitaker and Buddy McGirt had their rematch. Me and my friend saw McGirt running one day and chopped it up with him. You couldn't miss that long ass bald head even under a cap. That snapback was on the last snap and was struggling. As we were leaving, my homey shouted out from the car, "Buddy, Sweatpea gonna fukk you up." McGirt must have had a spy following from the Whitaker camp because a guy tried to flag us down that we at first thought was with McGirt. The dude followed us to the corner store and gave us free tix to the fight at the Scope for fukking with McGirt. That was my second fight I ever attended with the first being with my dad @ the Anthony Hembrick vs. Booker T. Word clash.
:russ: :wow:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
I was stationed in Portsmouth, in drydock, around the time Whitaker and Buddy McGirt had their rematch. Me and my friend saw McGirt running one day and chopped it up with him. You couldn't miss that long ass bald head even under a cap. That snapback was on the last snap and was struggling. As we were leaving, my homey shouted out from the car, "Buddy, Sweatpea gonna fukk you up." McGirt must have had a spy following from the Whitaker camp because a guy tried to flag us down that we at first thought was with McGirt. The dude followed us to the corner store and gave us free tix to the fight at the Scope for fukking with McGirt. That was my second fight I ever attended with the first being with my dad @ the Anthony Hembrick vs. Booker T. Word clash.
That dome has been a trademark for McGirt in the Brentwood area of NY lol. I watched that Anthony "Hollywood" Hembrick fight with Booker T. Word on ESPN as a little kid with my family & we were cracking up when Word caught him. My fam went nuts & was like it's over!!!