RnB/Music heads, Ya'll heard of Madison Ryann Ward?- The White H.E.R.

Archangel

Banned
Daps
If you a R&B lover like me then you know the genre has been on life support. I'm talking real singing and music. Not this pop rnb hybrid trash.

I saw this chick while watching that David Letterman Show on Netflix, My Next Guest Needs No Introduction. He was interviewing Jay Z and they spoke to Rick Rubin, Jays engineer and Rubin was working on this chicks song.

So I'm like sheesh, she got a nice voice. I thought she was a country artist or sum but I looked up that song on Youtube cause I liked it.

But as I listened, I noticed she's not a country singer. I could tell by her vocal ability. She has alot of urban soul/flavor. And her vocal tone and quality was so clean and clear. She has the voice type of Lauryn Hill/H.E.R/Tori Kelly; that fine, quick vibrato, alto tone, slight raspiness, GREAT run control. Her riffs and runs are so clean. Sound like a singer straight out of the black church. So I read up on her past and sure enough her moms was the pianist at their church and she grew up listening to Neo Soul, RnB, gospel etc.

I peeped the rest of her videos and fell in love.

These are just a few. She is still relatively unknown. No wikipedia page. I love stumbling upon singers like this. I found H.E.R by accident just like this chick. Can't wait for an album to drop.

Also she's gorgeous.

f29241119dbfb1323f38753730400995.jpg

c7003d867e10ed0697b631074c9579f2.jpg

Her Insta: Madison Ryann Ward (@madisonryannward) • Instagram photos and videos

I'm adding her to the list.
Lianne La Havas
H.E.R
Tori Kelly
Loreen
Madison Ryann Ward
Nao

Last edited:

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
Came across her on YouTube.

Chick can blow.

Not a legendary talent but she's legit good.

Went nowhere in her career tho, it seems.

Find it ironic that OP posted like 6 videos but neglected to put up her best one.
I never saw the ones he had up, but this one caught my ear.

Last edited:

Archangel

Banned
Daps
she’s okay.

I don’t think she’s soulful though. There’s a difference between singing little runs here and there and actually being soulful. A lot of mimicking of what soulful people sound like but no one really feeling the music...

Agreed. I cringe when I hear people throw around "soulful" singing. Beyonce for example is not a soul singer IMO.

Last edited:

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Agreed. I cringe when I hear people through around "soulful" singing. Beyonce for example is not a soul singer IMO.
People don’t know what soul is anymore. That’s why I’m like she’s okay. Didn’t want to delve into who is and who isn’t because I’d be labeled a hater...

Ya?

Banned
Daps
RnB need black female singers that can blow to revive the Genre not white female singers who just mimic black female voices.

I hope she stays undiscovered. We have enough
of these Ariana Grande wannabe and the genre is still on life support. :comeon:

Put them against real full black voices and you see how weak they are, you can’t replace the originators.

Last edited: