Rob Zombie's "31"

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
rob-zombie-3I.jpg

Shock rocker-turned-director Rob Zombie was interviewed by Radio Metal where he talked about his forthcoming horror pic, 31, which was announced here on Bloody back in May.

Zombie, who wouldn’t reveal any plot details, was able to confirm one fact: that it takes place on Halloween night.

“31, yeah, because it takes place on October 31st,” he tells the site before debunking some fan-generated myths behind it.

When asked if the film recalls Captain Spaulding (from House of 1,000 Corpses and The Devil’s Rejects), Zombie explained:

No, it’s totally different. All I can tell you is that it’s a completely original idea, it’s something new. It’s not based on anything. I’ll start shooting the movie in the fall. So hopefully starting from October, I’ll start shooting it. For right now, I’m going to keep the details secret. But it’s not based on anything.

The site pushed forward asking about the Spaulding-look-a-like in the below video.

Well, he doesn’t really look like him, I think. There’s a clown thing in the movie, but it has nothing to do with Captain Spaulding. And what is in the movie doesn’t look like Captain Spaulding either, maybe the people think the poster does but the movie won’t.

This also debunks the rumor that 31 was to be a remake of Stephen King’s “It”.

-------------------------------------

Lords of Salem was :mindblown: :dahell::what:, but I like that he's going back to the Slasher flick.

House of 1000 Corpses is still my sh*t :noah:

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
I thought Lords Of Salem was dope, kind of a call back to the old Satanic films like Devils Rain, The Omen, Exorcist, etc

Really excited for this though, Rob is one of my favorite directors, El Superbeasto was one of the greatest movies I ever saw

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
I thought Lords Of Salem was dope, kind of a call back to the old Satanic films like Devils Rain, The Omen, Exorcist, etc

Really excited for this though, Rob is one of my favorite directors, El Superbeasto was one of the greatest movies I ever saw

Lord of Salem never grasped my full attention, even though movies like The Omen and Exorcist I love (even for its symbolism at points too), but I overall love Zombie's work. Devil's Rejects to me was one of the best sequels of the Horror genre of recent times. I don't even think I'd call that movie a horror film really.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
this guy makes the shyttiest fliks
fukkin Devils Rejects came on the other night Im watching that shyt like "cmon son"
and that Lords of Salem shyt was buns too

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
"Devil's Rejects" was dope as fukk but aside from that his filmography is pretty terrible. Although I haven't seen "Lords of Salem".

Fred.

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
:manny:

I liked House of 1000 Corpses, Devil's Rejects, and the Halloween remake. Wasn't a fan of part 2 or Lords of Salem either, but I like his stuff for the most part.

robb

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
tries to hard to make his films cool....too much random over the top cursing....
basura.

Takerstani

Extraterrestrial
Supporter
Daps
H.o. 1000 corpses, Devil's Rejects, that Halloween remake..awesome. I'll give this a watch when it hits.

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC
House of 1000 Corpses is one of the worst movies I've ever seen....Devils Rejects is a favorite of mine though so we'll see how this goes, it does look/sound intriguing to me though

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
THIS!!
every movie is white trash and his wife sheri's boney ass.
:dead:

Didn't bother with Lords of Salem, knew it'd be more of the same. The Devil's Rejects was decent though. Thought the Halloween movies were terrible.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Zombie is a hack who makes Redneck trash exploitative horror, except unlike other exploitative horror directors like Lucio Fulci, Zombie has no idea how to make his movies fun or interesting...just loads of blood, rape, incest, and cussing every other word...his 12 year old nephew must write his scripts :camby: