Roc Marciano & Alchemist - The Elephant Man’s Bones (Discussion Thread)

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
New album with Spitta and the long awaiting Roc collab coming soon. With the recent Boldy joint and the Armand Hammer one, ALC really having a banner year making some diverse ass hiphop
Right? I never thought after 2020 that he'd drop even more albums in 2021 and that they'd arguably be better. Personally, I like Bo Jackson more than anything he dropped in 2020, and even though Haram isn't my favorite style of hip-hop, I can appreciate the diversity in sound on that one.

I am probably alone on this, but Roc and Al can actually be hit or miss for me. Some of their joints are some of my favorite rap joints of the entire last decade, if not of all time, but I do think they have a few misses here and there. :hubie:

I trust their album will be dope though, so I hope I don't get flamed too hard. :whoa:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Right? I never thought after 2020 that he'd drop even more albums in 2021 and that they'd arguably be better. Personally, I like Bo Jackson more than anything he dropped in 2020, and even though Haram isn't my favorite style of hip-hop, I can appreciate the diversity in sound on that one.

I am probably alone on this, but Roc and Al can actually be hit or miss for me. Some of their joints are some of my favorite rap joints of the entire last decade, if not of all time, but I do think they have a few misses here and there. :hubie:

I trust their album will be dope though, so I hope I don't get flamed too hard. :whoa:
I completely get what you're saying. Given how experimental they can be, you never know. I hate to harp on the "drumless" beats but this album has the greatest potential of having those lol...

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I completely get what you're saying. Given how experimental they can be, you never know. I hate to harp on the "drumless" beats but this album has the greatest potential of having those lol...
100% man. I know people get sick of it on here, but besides Hoard 90 and Flash Gordon, most of my favorite RocChemist joints have solid drums (All For It, In Case You Forgot, Death Sentence, Cutthroat Rap)

I hope they have a good mix on here, because the Mt. Marci album last year was a little too experimental for me. It's not one of my favorite Roc albums. But whatever. The way I see it, both these guys have been 2 of the primary cats leading the way for underground hip-hop for the past decade, and they've earned the right to make whatever they wanna make. I'll support regardless and just hope for the best.
:manny:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps

tumblr_mtwjaiH1Pv1shsk4po1_250.gif