Roland Martin Interviews w/ Vlad: Discusses Beef w/ CNN, Donna Brazile/Clinton Debacle, relationship w/ the Obama's, Checking Valerie Jarrett

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
( obligatory )

ecnlw7.gif

invalid

Banned
Daps
Cliffs:
- He and TV One were beefing w/ CNN over 2016 Presidential debate coverage before the interview Clinton leak debacle.
- He had reached out to a number of black journalist asking for questions to ask during the debate.
- The questions Donna Brazile sent to Roland, she also sent to Hilary.
- Roland took a hit along with Brazile. Thought what Brazile did was wrong and was an infringement on their relationship. Relationship soured afterward.
- Doesn't have a relationship with the Obama's post presidency.
- President Obama didn't like criticism coming from the black press.
-Valerie Jarrett called him to discuss a critical piece he did on Obama. He checked Jarrett.
- Said that he wasn't afraid to hold Obama accountable because that was his job. Wasn't there to make friends.
- Was upset with the Obama's that they did not grant the black press an exit interview.
- Discusses Cornel West and Travis Smiley falling out of favor w/ the Obama's and where he disagreed with them on that. Said their pursuit of "access" colored their legitimate critiques.

Listening to the interview, I get the impression, although he says he was only there to do his job and wasn't upset that he didn't get invites to Obama's intimate affairs, like everyone else, I think he also wanted access. Don't think he's being quite honest about that.

Last edited:

invalid

Banned
Daps
Great interview, I already checked out all the clips … coli hates him because they love for Tariq but they know Roland will roll that nikka up and almost anyone else in a debate

Think it was a good interview as well and Roland is definitely a stand up guy. Gained more respect for him. I do think he was a bit disingenuous about his feelings around the Obamas. Think he is a little hurt that they didn't have a tighter relationship during and post presidency. He was wise in not allowing that to color his professionalism in light of the West/Smiley situation.

King Poetic

Can You Spot Me A 20?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
On The Pacific
Think it was a good interview as well and Roland is definitely a stand up guy. Gained more respect for him. I do think he was a bit disingenuous about his feelings around the Obamas. Think he is a little hurt that they didn't have a tighter relationship during and post presidency. He was wise in not allowing that to color his professionalism in light of the West/Smiley situation.

True .. but I understand him when he said Obama don’t like criticism and with Tavis and West I think they more than Roland was hurt about not getting invites when Michael Eric Dyson who also criticize Obama was able to get in and he turn his criticism of Obama to all kissing the Obama asses and turning his back on west and tavis

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Cliffs:
- He and TV One were beefing w/ CNN over 2016 Presidential debate coverage before the interview Clinton leak debacle.
- He had reached out to a number of black journalist asking for questions to ask during the debate.
- The questions Donna Brazile sent to Roland, she also sent to Hilary.
- Roland took a hit along with Brazile. Thought what Brazile did was wrong and was an infringement on their relationship. Relationship soured afterward.
- Doesn't have a relationship with the Obama's post presidency.
- President Obama didn't like criticism coming from the black press.
-Valerie Jarrett called him to discuss a critical piece he did on Obama. He checked Jarrett.
- Said that he wasn't afraid to hold Obama accountable because that was his job. Wasn't there to make friends.
- Was upset with the Obama's that they did not grant the black press an exit interview.
- Discusses Cornel West and Travis Smiley falling out of favor w/ the Obama's and where he disagreed with them on that. Said their pursuit of "access" colored their legitimate critiques.

Listening to the interview, I get the impression, although he says he was only there to do his job and wasn't upset that he didn't get invites to Obama's intimate affairs, like everyone else, I think he also wanted access. Don't think he's being quite honest about that.

They never are.. Especially after they seen Sharpton at the W.H on numerous occasions.