Daps
Yea nicca, we gone talk about it. shyt ima talk about it.

I love this so far. King Kunta be cuttin up in here. I really respect his whole warrior mentality & how he try to apply that to his family.

Thoughts?

Daps
Where my black coli militants? Oh yall aint feelin this? Jus a minute ago i thought yall was hella black fist. Smh

Daps
This movie was possibly tha greatest shyt i done ever seen. I loved it. Words cant describe tha emotions it brings out of you.

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
I don't fukk with slave movies but I had to peep this since I wanted to criticize it afterwards :mjlol:

No issues here :ehh: the series was pretty good, acting was dope.....dude who played Chicken George stole the show...he really finished the series off strong after Kunta wasn't in the picture....

Shortie who played Gianna was :ohlawd: I woulda killed all those white people on the ship to get to her

simona_brown.jpg

MV5_BMTk0_Nzcx_Njk4_M15_BMl5_Ban_Bn_Xk_Ft_ZTgw_NTA0_MDE2_Mj_E.jpg

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
I actually watched the original with my parents when I was a youngster so I'm good. It was definitely important for me as a kid but Hollywood is trying to be slick with these types of stories.

I had the new one on as background noise one night while I was cleaning, looked over and saw Jonathan Rhys Meyers raping a black woman....turned it off.

But do y'all.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Just finished it :wow: Going from watching this to seeing black foolishness in the streets/ general media :mjcry: It hurts. I weep for my people:to:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
I actually watched the original with my parents when I was a youngster so I'm good. It was definitely important for me as a kid but Hollywood is trying to be slick with these types of stories.

I had the new one on as background noise one night while I was cleaning, looked over and saw Jonathan Rhys Meyers raping a black woman....turned it off.

But do y'all.

No agenda. That shyt actually used to happen.

Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
I fukked with it, but finding out Alex Haley's stole half his book from a sci-fi novel and the Africans he interviewed were lying, kinda cut deep

Growing up it was my motivation for searching for my own family story.