(RUMOR)Microsoft and Nintendo partnership upcoming in fall

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Probably just gonna be Master chief in smash bros.

I highly doubt it will be Gamepass on switch.
I think it's in the works and has been for awhile.

Think about somethings.
Rumblings of gamepass on the switch as early as 2019
The switch having a serious lack of a way to play current gen 3rd party games.
Microsoft openly sharing it's IP with Nintendo even to the point on banjo being in smash.
Ori being on the switch
Phil comments about exclusives games being on any platform where you can play Xbox games.
Xbox live changing it's name to Xbox network.

Will we ever see Mario or Zelda on Xbox. I seriously doubt it, but we might see. Halo, gears and other 1st party Microsoft games on the switch day and date via gamepass.

Nintendo really doesn't have anything to lose, they get gamepass and access to being able to play many more games and Microsoft gets a whole new audience of potential subs.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I think it's in the works and has been for awhile.

Think about somethings.
Rumblings of gamepass on the switch as early as 2019
The switch having a serious lack of a way to play current gen 3rd party games.
Microsoft openly sharing it's IP with Nintendo even to the point on banjo being in smash.
Ori being on the switch
Phil comments about exclusives games being on any platform where you can play Xbox games.
Xbox live changing it's name to Xbox network.

Will we ever see Mario or Zelda on Xbox. I seriously doubt it, but we might see. Halo, gears and other 1st party Microsoft games on the switch day and date via gamepass.

Nintendo really doesn't have anything to lose, they get gamepass and access to being able to play many more games and Microsoft gets a whole new audience of potential subs.
If anything it would have to be Xcloud, but Nintendo is about their paper. I don’t see a way for Nintendo to monetize this. People aren’t gonna run out to buy a switch just for Xcloud when it’s on EVERYTHING else. This would just be Nintendo giving Microsoft a way to make money on their platform. Unless Microsoft just dropped a bag off to Nintendo for access, but they have not done that to get Gamepass on any other platform.

Deal don’t really make sense for anyone involved:manny:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
w/e the hell it is, Nintendo Switch owners will :eat:

I'd like it to be Master Chief in Smash which I can see seeing how Banjo is in Smash.
Game pass on Switch and/or Halo on Switch would be nuts! Imagine if they ported the MCC to Nintendo Switch.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)

I'd like it to be Master Chief in Smash which I can see seeing how Banjo is in Smash.
Game pass on Switch and/or Halo on Switch would be nuts! Imagine if they ported the MCC to Nintendo Switch.

We need a new Banjo and Conker game from Rare.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If anything it would have to be Xcloud, but Nintendo is about their paper. I don’t see a way for Nintendo to monetize this. People aren’t gonna run out to buy a switch just for Xcloud when it’s on EVERYTHING else. This would just be Nintendo giving Microsoft a way to make money on their platform. Unless Microsoft just dropped a bag off to Nintendo for access, but they have not done that to get Gamepass on any other platform.

Deal don’t really make sense for anyone involved:manny:

Yeah x cloud, I need to stop using gamepass and x cloud interchangeably.

I personally think they both benefit from it. Microsoft much more so, unless they dropping a bag like you said or maybe helping with Nintendos network

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps

If Sakurai is out there at E3 explaining to JP players why MC and Halo is such a great franchise it would be great for Xbox in their approach to further get into Japan audience more so.

Nintendo: Thanks for helping us sell more copies and challenger packs

MS: thanks for promoting the fukk out of Halo in your region.

Don't think Xbox is THAT generous to put Halo on Switch tho streaming or not unless they're getting FAR more than the bare minimum out of Nintendo this time.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Phil Spencer Reveals Why That Nintendo Switch Is On His Shelf

As it turns out, that particular Switch was a gift from Nintendo of America's current president, Doug Bowser, as Spencer confirmed:

"The Switch was a gift from Nintendo. Doug Bowser and the team, they're obviously right up the hill from us - we're both in Redmond, Washington - and it was a gift from them. I have another one that I use to play at home, but that was one that they gave me early on when it launched. So, that's what that's from."