Rumor: Snowman not done with buying promotions

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps

Shad and Tony Khan already own Fulham, AEW, and the Jacksonville Jaguars but it looks like they have their eyes on an MMA organization.

Bellator MMA's Scott Coker recently confirmed that the company is for sale and there have been talks with the PFL. Ariel Helwani said today on The MMA Hour that he has heard about "multiple players" that are interested.

Helwani said, "I know that PFL was one of those players that looked into them." Helwani said that PFL backed out but they are back in the mix as a potential buyer. He also said that Liberty Media and the Khan family have "looked into them." He added, "To what degree is unclear. When I'm talking about the Khan family, I'm talking about Shad Khan and his son Tony Khan..."

Bellator MMA is considered the number 2 promotion behind UFC. Most of their shows air on Showtime but they have struggled to gain enough traction where they would be considered a real threat to UFC. Perhaps, that would change if the Khans or PFL buy them out. Click below to hear what Helwani said about the Khan family's interest in Bellator.

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
Feels like the mma bubble burst years ago and nobody really gives a fukk about it...(probably still crazy with the MAGA crowd I'd assume :manny:)

Just feels like they don't have the personalities to push it like they did when McGregor/Rousey/Rampage had that shyt doing huge numbers and all over tv...

Jon Jones turned into a crash test dummy so I don't even know who is running that shyt anymore...and this is just all on the UFC side I have absolutely no clue what Bellator has going on these days....

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
Feels like the mma bubble burst years ago and nobody really gives a fukk about it...(probably still crazy with the MAGA crowd I'd assume :manny:)

Just feels like they don't have the personalities to push it like they did when McGregor/Rousey/Rampage had that shyt doing huge numbers and all over tv...

Jon Jones turned into a crash test dummy so I don't even know who is running that shyt anymore...and this is just all on the UFC side I have absolutely no clue what Bellator has going on these days....

Outside of UFC (which been more missed than hit), the MMA days are dead AF:

• Too many promotions with tin cans and meatheads that go nowhere
  • Most of the top tier events are underwhelming
  • The UFC focuses on wrestling theatrics that makes the fans might as well go back to the WWE
  • Paul E Vicks and Kokhane are thriving no matter what the fanboy nonsense spews
Maybe, we are in the boom period :lupe:

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
While promoting AEW’s “Forbidden Door” pay-per-view (PPV), Tony Khan denied there’d been any talks about buying Bellator.

“I was surprised to see that report,” Khan said. “I haven’t had any conversations with them about that, so I don’t know what that was about. My father hasn’t had any conversations with them, either. I’m not even sure who you talk to. I don’t even know who owns the promotion. Is Scott Coker the owner, the president? I’m not sure.

“I’m familiar with Bellator, I’m familiar with MMA,” he continued. “I’ve never worked professionally in the space, other than having some stars from UFC appear at times in AEW. I saw that report, and there’s really nothing to that.”

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Y’all boys crazy claiming MMA is dead lmao
It's a go to sports for MAGA rednecks. It will always have a big core fanbase. Cause watching cars turn left for a few hours is too boring and NFL is getting a bit too woke for these rednecks.

Joe Rogan and Dana White? fukk yeah, even got CTE face slapping contest, for the dumbest ones in the audience.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
It's a go to sports for MAGA rednecks. It will always have a big core fanbase. Cause watching cars turn left for a few hours is too boring and NFL is getting a bit too woke for these rednecks.

Joe Rogan and Dana White? fukk yeah, even got CTE face slapping contest, for the dumbest ones in the audience.

People who like combat sports watch MMA, Boxing etc. not exclusive to MAGA red necks. They definitely have a large white audience tho much like everything else that pulls in large audiences.. wrestling included. MMA alive and well tho fam.

Adesanya’s last fight with Pereira did 19k. I will say this though.. MMA took a hit with McGregor being inactive/washed, Masvidal being washed, Nate Diaz and Khabib retiring, Fances being inactive etc. a lot of star power lacking right now

But Jon Jones back at least :yeshrug:

With that said, y’all boys gotta stick to talking wrestling. Leave actual professional fighting alone. Hit a bar/ Buffalo or something when a big fights on and you’ll clearly see that the messcans and the nikkas fukk with MMA

Last edited:

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
People who like combat sports watch MMA, Boxing etc. not exclusive to MAGA red necks. They definitely have a large cracka audience tho much like everything else that pulls in large audiences.. wrestling included. MMA alive and well tho fam.

Adesanya’s last fight with Pereira did 19k. I will say this though.. MMA took a hit with McGregor being inactive/washed, Masvidal being washed, Nate Diaz and Khabib retiring, Fances being inactive etc. a lot of star power lacking right now

With that said, y’all boys gotta stick to talking wrestling. Leave actual professional fighting alone. Hit a bar/ Buffalo or something when a big fights on and you’ll clearly see that the messcans and the nikkas fukk with MMA
I mean to say MAGA is their core fanbase. Even if let's say MMA became a shytshow throughout all the promotions, those rednecks would still be watching them. Of course there are plenty of other people watching it too.

Only time when UFC was really really in a terrible state, was the early 00s before all those ultimate fighter reality shows. After that, the records been high high.

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
People who like combat sports watch MMA, Boxing etc. not exclusive to MAGA red necks. They definitely have a large cracka audience tho much like everything else that pulls in large audiences.. wrestling included. MMA alive and well tho fam.

I dunno...Bare Knuckle starting to creep on that come up :lupe:

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
It’s not dead but it’s nothing to give a fukk about unless someone like Izzy is fighting

Yea, a lot the biggest stars are either inactive or washed and the guys they tried to push into that next spot like O’Malley ain’t really cutting it

Wolfpac

Don't Turn Your Back....
Supporter
Daps
Thought this was about Khan wanting to buy Impact, :pachaha: