[RUMOR] Ubisoft is working on new Splinter Cell; Michael Ironside returns.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
taken from a NEOGAF insider:

Insider:
Ok so as some on this forum would know based on my post history, I have pretty reliable contacts about projects and stuff at Ubi. One of them dropped some WD2 and ACS info earlier in the year that the Nirolak can vouch for. This source informed me that there is a new Splinter Cell game in development, with Ironside recast as Sam Fisher. In an excerpt of their own words.

Insider's Source:
Regarding other games, I haven't been involved with Steep or Wildlands, but I was surprised Splinter Cell didn't appear at E3. I know Ironside is back. He was in the studio, I said Hi to him and his daughter. He was shooting a movie with Amy Jo Johnson, and I know someone who worked on that set and Ironside confirmed to him he was doing the new Splinter Cell. I know Toronto has the mocap studio for it.I'm hoping to hear or see something unofficial, if not official, this year, but its been hard to get anything beyond "It's Happening".
Hoping for a VGA announcement at the earliest.

UPDATE:

Insider's Source:
To throw a date on this: I did see Ironside and one his daughters at the TO studio last summer. This was just good timing, as I was there on other business.
I have two sources who worked on the set of The Space Between ( The Space Between - IMDb ), which was shooting in TO. Ironside mentioned he was working on a new Splinter Cell. One source is someone I trust, the other is an acquaintance by degrees.
The movie shoot overlapped the same week as my encounter. As I understand it, he was here for the movie first and worked in the studio visit while in town.
None of us is bound by NDA over this, given our connections and circumstances, but it still feels shady to talk about since it's not official. I was surprised I hadn't seen this news from someone else by now, to be honest.
I know UbiSoft TO has a wonderful new mocap studio.
While I did express disappointment it wasn't shown at E3, this thing could be early along. I haven't seen actual in-game assets or production assets for myself (like the Syndicate extra timeline story). I don't know who is making it. I know other dev studios have used the mocap studio.
Remember Ubisoft studios collaborate often. The TO studio contributed content to Watch_Dogs 2, and For Honor also takes up a chunk there. I'd like to say this was another TO take on the franchise, but I will not until I know more.

Insider:
Might be cooking for a bit longer than expected.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1263153

Keep1TReaL

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
New York
Microsoft needs to make blacklist backwards compatible until this comes out.
:feedme:

Can't wait to see that spies vs mercenaries piff
:banderas: