Saigons The Greatest Story Never Told Is One Of The Best Produced Rap Albums Of The Last 10 Years

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For those who have heard it agree or disagree? haven't really been a Saigon fan like that for a few good years (mainly because his last couple of albums have been really average in comparison) but posting in the thread with the Saigon song sampled by prince made me think about this album again for the first time in a long time and how amazing the production was..

Just blaze did an incredible job, even the transitions song to song were amazing.

Last edited:

Superstar
Daps
Don't know about all that but definitely a highly underrated album especially from a production standpoint. Soul samples + boom bap beats just never get old and always age well

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Honestly I didn't really like this album, but "Clap" is my shyt. That sample. :ahh:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't know about all that but definitely a highly underrated album especially from a production standpoint. Soul samples + boom bap beats just never get old and always age well
Agree..I did think the album was a lil too preachy at times but I never see it mentioned, GSNT 2 & 3 were pretty disappointing tho

Daps
And for once the album title actually matched the lyrics and production. The first Album I got almost day one. Saigon and Just Blaze actually built up a sequential story, the tracks merged fluidly.

Last edited:

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Album was great, Elzhi set the bar really high this year.

Did anyone like Saigons sequel LP?

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Album was great, Elzhi set the bar really high this year.

Did anyone like Saigons sequel LP?
Except the song dude posted above this post and a few others no not really, thought it was a big decrease in quality, probably mainly due to just not having much to do with it.

Edit:

This was the best song on vol 2 imo..beautiful beat

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Saigon didn't let Atlantic Records commercialize him...

It didn't help that fell out with Just Blaze either
atlantic records shouldnt have tried to commercialized him
look at someone like Kendrick, he had his lane and was still able to make bangers that were good on the charts and churn out classics
not saying Saigon could ever be that big but that shoulda been the formula

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
atlantic records shouldnt have tried to commercialized him
look at someone like Kendrick, he had his lane and was still able to make bangers that were good on the charts and churn out classics
not saying Saigon could ever be that big but that shoulda been the formula

All Facts...

They wanted to make Sai the answer to 50 Cent but even 50 knew he had to play the game in order to reach certain heights.

He treated the rap game like the dope game and invested himself into different ventures.

Sai could have did that too but honestly it was a dark time in Hip Hop where cats started to dumb down to double their dollars.

If Sai had came out in 1998, he'd be on Loud records or Rawkus