Samuel L. Jackson And John Cusack Dial Up Terror In Trailer For Stephen King's 'Cell'

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps

It seems Stephen King can write a horror story about anything, and so the device in your pocket is the source of terror in the upcoming "Cell." Based on the horror master's 2006 novel, this doesn't seem like the most obvious choice for a big screen adaptation, but maybe it's not as outlandish as it sounds.

READ MORE: The Essentials: 5 Great Films Based On Stephen King Novels

Samuel L. Jackson and John Cusack, who previously teamed up for the King adaptation "1408," are back together here in this tale about a rogue electronic signal that turns cell phone bearers into killers. Okay, I'm already giving up hope that this isn't as outlandish as it sounds.... Here's the official synopsis:

Stephen King’s best-selling novel is brought to terrifying life in this mind-blowing thriller starring John Cusack and Samuel L. Jackson. At the Boston airport, Clay (Cusack) witnesses a scene of chaotic mayhem when an electronic signal turns hundreds of cell phone users into rabid killers. Desperate to find his estranged wife and son, Clay teams with a train driver (Jackson) to battle the horde of murderous “phoners” as the city descends into apocalyptic madness.

"Cell" hits Ultra VOD on June 10th and opens in theaters and hits regular VOD on July 8th.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I had completely forgotten that they were making a movie about this; its been in development hell for damn near 10 years.
Its actually more relevant than it would have been considering how much more our culture has become connected to our mobile devices.

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
I had completely forgotten that they were making a movie about this; its been in development hell for damn near 10 years.
Its actually more relevant than it would have been considering how much more our culture has become connected to our mobile devices.
True. I remember reading this in high school. Solid book.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
The most B looking movie I've seen in a while

Daps
Reppin
Denver
shyt was pretty dope till the end which was kinda anticlimactic. Super violent and good effects. Definitely doesn’t look B-Movie-ish

75 Others

Stop it Skeeeyyyuuup
Daps
Swing and a miss. My wife and I both had the :dwillhuh:face at the ending, made zero sense.