Sasha Banks leaves RAW after taking offense to booking decision EDIT: WWE releases statement

drifter

Superstar
Daps
What was the booking decision anyways?
Ronda who was women's champ at the time was supposed to go over Sasha who was tag champ on some throwaway Vince match on Raw

That didn't sit well with Sasha, something about building the tag titles. Wanted it changed, Pritchard shot it down. She campaigned to Vince, he agreed to change it, Pritchard circled back to Vince in the process calls out her attitude, Vince changes it back. Banks hears about it, brings Naomi with her both walk out. Internet gets wind of all of it and loves to act like they're part of the day to day whether supporting their fav wrestlers or wearing fedoras reading Fightful/Meltzer, you end up with that interaction

That's the story without any of my cents on it

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
a) Dude paid for an autograph, not an interview. I imagine Mercedes charges a little bit more for that.
b) Mercedes is a natural heel character. She's "The Boss". She's not supposed to be friendly to neckbeards.
c) The day wrestling fans start genuinely understanding wrestling is the day the industry fully dies. Nothing wrong happened here. A mark got worked. 101.

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
Waiting in line to get a wrestler signature is pathetic. Comparing her to actress I think is not a good comparison. Once you become a wrestler you become a carny. All wrestlers have certain level of disdain for the fans, perhaps rightfully so, because everyone, the fans, the wrestlers, etc are involved in something embarrassing.

If someone at a star wars signing asked why her character hasn't appeared as much she's obviously not going to react the same way. But Disney also didn't try throw her under the buss. It's apples to oranges.

Making fun of the second dude when her name is like a bat signal for posters to defend her honor is wild.

All that being said I'm sure her EGOT is forthcoming.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Lol the side taking and arguing in here..

Her reaction was a lil overboard. That loser muhfukka ain’t mean no harm.. but like, who cares?

Seemed like she was in character to me. She still signed homies shyt. He’ll live.

Could she have been a lil cooler about the situation? Yeah. Should homie have just got his signature and shut the fukk up? Yep. Is what it is. Life goes on my g’s

Last edited:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
a) Dude paid for an autograph, not an interview. I imagine Mercedes charges a little bit more for that.
b) Mercedes is a natural heel character. She's "The Boss". She's not supposed to be friendly to neckbeards.
c) The day wrestling fans start genuinely understanding wrestling is the day the industry fully dies. Nothing wrong happened here. A mark got worked. 101.
Fans used to love getting dissed by top stars
I don’t have any issue with how Sasha handled that guy. I don’t get how you’re a fan of a wrestler that you’ll pay money to meet them and ask dirt sheet questions that you know will trigger a negative response. What’s the point? It’s stupid.
I would bring up Chyna and all kind of shyt if Cripple H is in my voice range....he and the WWE did her dirty despite her influence. It needs to be said more. Everybody let's it slide...just like we stay on Hogan for the racial shyt, stay on Cripple H for turning on that girl and then painting her insane.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sasha got a little pissed but that wasn't too bad.

Waiting in line to get a wrestler signature is pathetic. Comparing her to actress I think is not a good comparison. Once you become a wrestler you become a carny. All wrestlers have certain level of disdain for the fans, perhaps rightfully so, because everyone, the fans, the wrestlers, etc are involved in something embarrassing.

If someone at a star wars signing asked why her character hasn't appeared as much she's obviously not going to react the same way. But Disney also didn't try throw her under the buss. It's apples to oranges.

And that's been Vinces whole life goal, to take it from dudes with mullets smoking cigarettes talking about "brother we got the marks hook line and sinker" to wrestlers being seen as athletes and live action storytellers. That's probably how 95% of TSC watches and views it, not like their being fooled into thinking what they see is real.

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
His exact quote was "I know you left because of creative decisions!" ... she's never discussed it with anyone. She never discusses anything personal unless it's on her time and she has that right. We only know that the producer said something :mjpls: to her and Naomi because that came out from Naomi's side.

So first he hits her with the "I read on the dirtsheets" bullshyt and then after she says why should I tell you? He says "because I want to know."

Entitlement from fans. He wanted to post it on Twitter like he's the next Dave Meltzer or some shyt. Fans can't just be fans. They need to be journalists too?

fukk outta here.... :camby:
if he prefaced it with some ol, “I don’t believe all these dirt sheets or everyone online, but will we ever find out why you left WWE? No disrespect meant..”. Something like that. Might’ve gotten a different reaction and response

No one likes that, “I heard this, I heard that” shyt about their personal business

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Lol the side taking and arguing in here..

Her reaction was a lil overboard. That loser muhfukka ain’t mean no harm.. but like, who cares?

Seemed like she was in character to me. She still signed homies shyt. He’ll live.

Could she have been a lil cooler about the situation? Yeah. Should homie have just got his signature and shut the fukk up? Yep. Is what it is. Life goes on my g’s
Maybe she’s tired of hearing the same ol shyt from fans about the situation? I know I get fed up over certain shyt that’s constantly brought up. :ld:

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Maybe she’s tired of hearing the same ol shyt from fans about the situation? I know I get fed up over certain shyt that’s constantly brought up. :ld:
I’m sure she is. I don’t think think that beard meant anything by it though. I genuinely think it was misplaced anger from hearing a narrative that she feels is untrue over and over. She probably took 5 years worth of irritation out on that mf

But again, it’s like.. who cares. No harm no foul. He’ll live

If anything, she gave him a moment that’ll live forever. That beats just getting a signature and a peace sign. That mf should be ecstatic